Heads-up Kizer re: Quality Control Issues

Before I get started, I'd like to say that I'm a big fan of Kizer knives. Furthermore, I've yet to personally experience a QC issue on a Kizer knife. Having said that, it appears that problems are beginning to crop up and they're not being attended to promptly. For my part, I've made the decision to ask Internet retailers I purchase Kizer knives from to inspect them from now on before they ship them to me.

QC issues are discussed in the following posts:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...a-Breath-of-Fresh-Air?p=15357444#post15357444

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...heir-Kizer-Blade-S35V?p=15271263#post15271263

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...tock-at-Knife-Center!?p=15273618#post15273618

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...tock-at-Knife-Center!?p=15296317#post15296317

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...tock-at-Knife-Center!?p=15297329#post15297329

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...tock-at-Knife-Center!?p=15301874#post15301874

To my way of thinking, proper QC and warranty service are as important as the products themselves. While I admire your enthusiasm in introducing new products and collaborating with great designers, I'd urge you to slow down and make sure your QC and product support operations are given the attention they deserve.

Thanks. :)

To my way of thinking, proper QC and warranty service are as important as the products themselves. While I admire your enthusiasm in introducing new products and collaborating with great designers, I'd urge you to slow down and make sure your QC and product support operations are given the attention they deserve.

Thanks. :)

Preach it brother! :thumbup:

First let me start by agreeing 100% with you on the absolute necessity for good quality control and after sales support as these are essential aspects that makes a successful brand that will form a positive opinion in the minds of the user.

This is definitely something that we are paying increased attention to as we grow and experience growing pains. There are several plans in place to address the issues, we are working hard to find the method to ensure both fronts of qualities remaining high while still bringing innovative products to the market.

Thank you.

Kizer

Well you've got a fan in me. I'd absolutely LOVE to see you succeed in the U.S. market and you're certainly off to a great start. Put your service and support piece in place, keep your pricing under control and your quality high, and you may prove to be unstoppable.

Last edited:
Thanks for staying on top of this, RamZar. I haven't experienced any problems with my Gemini either. But now that I know what to look for, I'll keep an eye on the action and let you know if the pivot develops grittiness.

Thanks for staying on top of this, RamZar. I haven't experienced any problems with my Gemini either. But now that I know what to look for, I'll keep an eye on the action and let you know if the pivot develops grittiness.

I'm going to start carrying my Gemini all next week throughout the holidays. I never carried it much but did go through the flipping open and close cycles quite a few times just like right now.

Great minds think alike. ;) I've got mine in my pocket as I type this. I think it will be my steady companion for awhile. :)

First let me start by agreeing 100% with you on the absolute necessity for good quality control and after sales support as these are essential aspects that makes a successful brand that will form a positive opinion in the minds of the user.

This is definitely something that we are paying increased attention to as we grow and experience growing pains. There are several plans in place to address the issues, we are working hard to find the method to ensure both fronts of qualities remaining high while still bringing innovative products to the market.

Thank you.

Kizer
Take a page out of Kershaw's/ZT's book. Bad apples slip through, it happens but when it's brought to your attention via email, phone call, etc. remedy the problem right there..no loopholes, no transfers to a supervisor, no restocking fees, no return authorization numbers, just fix the item or swap it out for another within your stated warranty period. Can't really ask for more..

Agreed. And do it it quickly. Nobody likes having to wait for a manufacturer to respond when they have a problem with a product. If someone contacts you with a warranty issue, get back to them no later than the next business day . . . no delays and no excuses. Reputations can be made or destroyed on something just as simple as that.

I still have faith that these issues get resolved, im still going to get the intrepid soon,im not worried...

I'm surprised that people have to contact Kizer when experiencing problems with their products. Generally in Europe and certainly in our country (Netherlands) the dealer is the one you bought it from and your go-to person when a problem arises. Of coarse he can tell you he has to get back to the manufacturer for repair or replacement but it is the dealers responsibility to arrange that. Not the customer! So the customer should contact the dealer to resolve the problem for him within a timely manner. No need for an individual to contact Kizer or ship stuf to China (except when you bought it form Alibaba or similar).
Does the US dealer bears no responsibility for the products he sells???

I'm surprised that people have to contact Kizer when experiencing problems with their products. Generally in Europe and certainly in our country (Netherlands) the dealer is the one you bought it from and your go-to person when a problem arises. Of coarse he can tell you he has to get back to the manufacturer for repair or replacement but it is the dealers responsibility to arrange that. Not the customer! So the customer should contact the dealer to resolve the problem for him within a timely manner. No need for an individual to contact Kizer or ship stuf to China (except when you bought it form Alibaba or similar).
Does the US dealer bears no responsibility for the products he sells???

Usually if it's within 30 days of purchase you can return it the US dealer for a replacement. After that you deal with the manufacturer.

Back