Heavy chopper or light

Looking for a heavy or light chopper
I have trades Busse, Peter Winkler, GSO, Morgan Kohen ... or $$

Looking for a heavy or light chopper
I have trades Busse, Peter Winkler, GSO, Morgan Kohen ... or $$

Expounding a little more atop what Cold One had stated:

Carothers Heavy Choppers are extremely rare because IIRC there never was an official production version of those HCs before! There are about a dozen or so of these in existence in the wild and they are the prototype HCs. Some were sold during Fridays sales in the past, some offered at the past Blade Shows and some given or gifted to those of Nathan's choosing. However because of its extremely popular and almost cult like demand, I understand that Nathan is working on making a very limited batch of 20 or so of them, out of which about 15 or 16 units will be offered for sale during a Carothers Friday sale at some point this year. If you want my purely speculative opinion and guess, I would say sometimes in July or August of 2017.

The Light Chopper is relatively "easier" to obtain as their numbers in the wild are many more than the HC but no more than a few hundred or so. Nathan seems to get burnt out on making too many of any certain pattern and in the past, he has put the kibosh on his patterns after like a few dozens to several hundred at most and has "retired" them. That said, a few month back there was a preorder list for the LC which has now been closed. Folks will be receiving their preordered LCs in the upcoming months and inevitably a few will find their way into the Carothers "flea market" as sticky'd atop this subforum or on the main exchanges. You will have a much better chance of landing one of these but then again, they also sell very quickly on that secondary market.

Good fortunes in your hunt.

Last edited:
^^^that info can be gleaned by searching and reading past threads but it was good of you to take the time to write up such an informative post.

now that I've spent some time with the what-the-hell-are-we-going-to-call-this-knife, (AKA: the newest model) I would categorize the Light Chopper as a medium chopper, because this lil guy is definitely a light chopper

I have lots of vids, and pictures, that I know you will love. But I can't start a thread without a name- it's inefficient. So we'll wait...

no pressure, Nate n Jo :)

I have lots of vids, and pictures, that I know you will love. But I can't start a thread without a name- it's inefficient. So we'll wait...

no pressure, Nate n Jo :)

It's like naming your child, only two months or so after birth :D

well, chips haven't started flying yet, but labour has been underway and the contractions are definitely happening

geez, who gets their baby's ears pierced? Seems so wrong to me

geez, who gets their baby's ears pierced? Seems so wrong to me

Sorry for another anecdotal OT:

That's not as ghastly as when I once had to visit a Chiro (quack medicine in my not so esteemed opinion, but that's just me!) and saw a barely 6 months old infant to come for "adjustment". Very, very surprised by this, I quietly asked the koolaid drinking receptionist who was a friend at the time as to whether that was even a phisically appropriate thing to do to an infant! While I could hear the infant screaming in the treatment room, the receptionist told me, "oh yes definitely. Starting on a program from infancy would yield tremendous physiological benefits when reach adulthood!!!" :confused::eek::rolleyes::mad::poop:

The things we do to children.....now do we touch upon circumcision???...........Hand me the "Heavy Chopper or Light", please.

Last edited:
^^^ LOL. Walked right into that one! Can make jokes with the EDC in this regard, but won't ;)

^^^ LOL. Walked right into that one! Can make jokes with the EDC in this regard, but won't ;)

The thread was too perfectly titled NOT to do it.

Well, it's time to go to watch the Tour of California stage 3 finish as the riders come in here:

large.jpg

those roadies; all that spandex you can tell whether they're circumcised or not :eek:

Back