HEAVY duty chopper

BK9 with a .25 thick blade would be the sweetest thing in town.
A limited run S30V blade version would be wicked also

Yes it would, but as a chopper/hard use knife I think S30V would make the BK9 too brittle. Very cool for collecting though.

I have a cutlass machete, and have had problems with the hollow grind. I had horrible issues with it binding in the wood. I stripped the coating off and knocked the shoulder down. That helped it not bind so bad, but the edge was still weak.. I was harvesting some fatwood and hit a knot at an angle. Wham-I heard the chip pop. I reground the blade and put a proper convexing on the edge and it is now a beast.
IMG_4081.jpg

After the regrind and thickening of the edge.
IMG_4857.jpg

Favorite choppers for the north.
IMG_4855.jpg

Surprisingly, they're not as expensive as you might think - I managed to procure a 15" AK for $65 shipped. If you check the DotDs, they're only about 1.5-2.5x the cost of a ka-bar one (I'm factoring in shipping of course - HI ships free :D)

I would guess that the free shipping doesn't cover international. But if I could get a HI AK 15" for $65 I'd probably order it right now. The standard price on their website is $135 so less than half price would make it too good to pass up.

DotDs - Deal of the Day? Do I just check the HI subforum and look out for a good deal posted there? I can't spare $135+shipping but $65 even with shipping added on is pretty sweet for one of these!

I would guess that the free shipping doesn't cover international. But if I could get a HI AK 15" for $65 I'd probably order it right now. The standard price on their website is $135 so less than half price would make it too good to pass up.

DotDs - Deal of the Day? Do I just check the HI subforum and look out for a good deal posted there? I can't spare $135+shipping but $65 even with shipping added on is pretty sweet for one of these!

this should move over to HI... but in a nutshell, check their DOTDs, but better: directly email Yangdu, and tell her what you want, and how much you can afford: looking for a deal/user... she'll tell you what she has.

Bladite

IMHO they should just make a Campanion 7 and Campanion 9 to go with the current 5 incher.

and a Campanion 1.0 and 3.0 and 11.0 and ... :)

now, that would be awesome for the MachAx too. the regular model, and the paul bunyan model ;) yah.

Bladite

Back