• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Hello All, I need a knife repaired.

My second post, I have an A300 Myerchin folder about five years old now, It has been my pocket knife at work. I chose this knife because I have big hands and like a heavier, larger knife, I have always liked boat knives with a marlin spike, I find that it's handy for a lot of other things besides freeing up knots or splicing rope.

The blade spring broke at the locking tang, the blade no longer locks open. I don't want to send it in to Myerchin (lifetime warranty) because their quality seems to have fallen off a cliff, I don't want this knife replaced with the newer model. from what I've seen, they are on par with a brass bolstered Pakistani knife from Harbor Freight now.

I'd like to find someone to repair this knife, I am very fond of it

I bought a Boye Cobalt folder to replace it, very nice knife, but a little light for how I use the Myerchin at work.

I think you may be better off sending it in to the manufacturer.It looks as it is all pinned construction and that is difficult to take apart without damage.Also finding the correct lockbar spring wont be easy.

Usually that would be the route I'd take. BUT Myerchin is now producing junk and I think they've always had someone else produce their products. For example, this one was made in Japan.

I definitely don't want any of their new folders from what I've seen of them. really poorly made now. I don't want a junk replacement of the old good quality knife. I wrote them some emails but have never once received a reply to my inquiries

Sad to see somebody making such a foolish business decision

Back