Hello from Ecuador

I like that handle, it makes me want to get another hawk just so I can do up the handle like that.

I told you............

I ordered one last night to work on myself. Looks like you had some fun doin' it, so I figured what the heck! When I'm done with it, it's goin' in the Jeep as my knock-around 'hawk. That, along with the CS 2-handed machete that's already in there........... :D

Looks good with the dark stain.
Does anyone remember Mogwas hawk from Last of the Mohicans?
It showed a nice closeup when he first surprise attacked the english troops.
Looked like this;
img13523rj.jpg

It would be a bit of work unless you had a lathe, but it would be a superior grip.

I know this is old but, back in the day, i did some handles for my guys that had hawks, and what i did was, yanked the guts out of the 550 cord, so it was thinner and laid more flat, then i sprayed the handle with spray adhesive, then wrapped 'er nice and tight, then tied the end thru the hole. it came out very neat and uniform, but wasnt overly bulky, like most other para cord wrapped handles. You can also turn down about a 16th of an inch off the handle, for about 7 inches or so, so that the cord lies even more flush with the remainder of the handle. Its also good to have as much 550 with you as possible. Ya never know what you can use it for.

Back