Hello Guys

navajo, actually I meant it was a damn long drive (150 miles). Austin is one of the worst places to have to drive in anywhere in the state.

Mykl, just a side note, Inosanto didn't have much to do with the creation of JKD, and in fact, is looked down upon by most of the true JKD instructors, and unlike many of Bruce Lee's original students, isn't part of the Nucleus. Many JKD instructors teach what is known as JKD concept, which isn't true JKD. One of the truths in JKD is to stike directly on the elbow to move the opponent's arm. Concept doesn't focus on the elbow, and won't correct someone who isn't performing the move correctly. Inosanto is considered by most to teach JKD concept and integrates quite a bit of the FMAs into it, diluting the true JKD.

Balilover, Thanks I knew someone would come around with more acurate info sooner or later.

Welcome aboard!! Hope you enjoy it...:)

"Hunters seek what they [WANT].., Seekers hunt what they [NEED]"

Sorry Balilover I'm a concepts guy!! Interesting points you made about the nucleus and true JKD, the only practicioner of "true JKD" died in 1973.

Not wishing to turn this into a concepts/nucleus debate I'll leave my reply at that, other than who do you train under?

RE cutting myself its through stupidity, holding the wrong handle for the worst cut i got. I refuse to tape up the blade, just my stubborness! And i do wear shoes, through experience, painful experience!

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Back