hello im the fng

hello i stumbled on this site yesterday, and looking at the balisong forum reminded me of how i need to get a new one .i havent carried one in many years but had a lot of them in my teenage years.so i read up on the forums and now have a bm 42 in the mail! not a bad price from 888knives, i have learned that the market for these types have changed alot since my last purchase of a butterfly knife, damn i wish i still had my old ones. on the subject of the bm 42 i gather it is about standard for a modertly priced balisong type? i have never handled one before but i own a few benchmade folders so i figured the quality is there.could someone share with me there thoughts on the bm 42 thanks.:)

My 42 is sort of like my "baby". I have a few bali's, but the ti handels and BM construction are just awsome! The Ti has a great, light, smooth feel as compared to the steel handels you probobly remember from the "old days" (which i still love, but just different). Not for all moves necessarily, but for many the light feel makes it easier to move the handels with only your fingers very quikly, needing less wrist movement. I flip in my car probobly more than anywhere else, and the lower weight also means less damage to the interior (the few times i drop it:D ).

As you may have read, one of the best new changes from the old SS handeled models is that they have incorporated a latch guard, a must for any bali nowadays. It is just a great knife all around, and i would highly reccomend looking into one (or more) of Clay's Concealex sheaths either directly from his site directly, or easily seen and ordered from Knifezilla.

My goodness my manners!!...Welcome to the Forums; our home away from home;) Good to have you here, let us know when you get it, and most importantly, how it flips!

Hey Okie!

One of my best saddle pal's hails from Tulsa as well.

Last summer I stumbled in here as the FNG, I'm amazed at what I've learned just hangin' here. You'll get lots of help in learning, and more then enough info to get you totally addicted to the forum, if not the knife itself.

Welcome, and have fun!

Uncle Philthy

If you've had balis of yore, I think you'll be very satisfied with the advancements that have been made and incorporated into BM's 40 series ti handled balis.

Glad to have you on board and let us know what you think of your new 42 when it arrives!

Yes indeed, the 42 is the best Balisong iv'e ever encountered. I have owned 5 other benchmade balisongs, but the 42as that i own is by far my favorite! we will shortly see if the Tachyon can take its place as my favorite Balisong when i receive mine in a week or so...:)

Welcome! The 42 is awesome. You'll enjoy it and this place (I'm not sure which I enjoy more). Welcome to the family.

Welcome Pipefitter.., glad to have another Bali-Nut aboard.., please come back and let us know how you like it and share ideas!

Lots of nice folks here! Enjoy your new knife!

"Hunters seek what they [WANT].., Seekers hunt what they [NEED]"

Welcome --- I'm a newbie to Balis and have found all these forum members to be very helpful --- good bunch of folks.

Welcome to the madness pipefitter! You'll be pleasently suprised when you see just how far balisongs have come in the past 5-10 years. I'll be another to agree that the BM4x series are just about the best knife for the dollar. Alright, that can be disputed, but for around $100 a piece, it's a GREAT buy. In any case, have fun flippin' and come back often. Good to have you with us.

Back