Hello!

Ivan Campos

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I used to be more active at Bladeforums but haven´t posted much in quite some time and it was a great surprise to come back and see that now there is a subforum dedicated to kitchen knives since I have been specializing in them for the last couple years. I have been using a lot of damascus steel but have also used 1070 more recently also started using 52100 and am working on the first s30V blades in the next days.
Hope you enjoy seeing some of my creations!

dam017e0286001.jpg

These damascus gyuto and chef were made for a seven knife set. They both have 8" long blades, dark jacarandá wood handles and stag bolsters.

dam0376001.jpg

A petty with a 5" long damacus blade and Gabon ebony handle.

dam0776001.jpg

A chef´s knife with a 10" long damascus blade and East India rosewood handle and horn bolsters.

dam1176001.jpg

Small kitchen knife with a 5" damascus blade and striped ebony handle.

Thanks for the comments!
Michael, I still make friction folders, just not too often anymore, and most end up in England, by the way.

They all look amazing. Awesome blades and the handles are gorgeous. They will make a great collection. Outstanding work!

Glad your here Ivan...and I too am in the same place...

...>> Really glad to be back on here!

>>> AND Am so Excited that there is a Kitchen Knives sub-form!

Ivan and I are good friends, though a long distance relationship, we did get to meet in person at Blade way back in 2007.
And the cool part is, that we both specialize in culinary knives!
SO-Fun to have friends to share stories, materials and knowledge with!

Your work is always really inspiring Ivan!

Thanks for keeping up the posts.

-DON:)

Thanks for the comments!
Don, it is great to meet you here at BF! I used to hang around more on this forumyears ago but haven´t been here much lately and certainly the fact that BF now has this subforum is a great reason to come here more often!
Ed, glad to meet you here again and it is good to know that one of my first knives is still doing its job.

Back