Help buying 10x custom damascus chef knives for wedding gifts!

Hello... 1st post here so thanks very much for any advice!

I'm looking to buy 10x chef knives with custom engraving for my groomsmen, father & new father in law as wedding gifts for my wedding in mid August. My budget is about $100 per knife so about $1000 total but could stretch a tiny bit more. Style wise I'd like a mid-sized 5-7" general purpose (chef/sentoku/etc.), textured damascus steel & a fancy wood handle. I know my budget wont afford the best of the best but was hoping for something like these from Knife Depot who conveniently offer engraving as well - http://www.knife-depot.com/knife-438626.html. Any experience or opinions with that model from Knife Depot? Any other recommendations on where I should look?

Thanks very much!

Hmmmmm interesting idea. Challenge is that I'm currently in working in Singapore but the wedding is back home in USA. No tools here and I dont know anyone who could finish for me.

tojiro might be a good option. they sell damascus clad kitchen knives and also give you the option of having custom engravings on the knife's blade face. try to contact them. you could probably have some sort of a special arrangement with tojiro and get them to ship it out to whoever distributor that's nearest to your wedding's location.

give it a try. =D

Back