Recommendation? HELP! Concealed vs open carry?

Now, in case you were wondering what I meant by the title, I know the basic meaning of open and concealed carry. Problem is that I need to know the limits for each. Is a sheath halfway under my shirt considered open carry? What about a knife on the outside of a backpack? And CARS. what the heck is considered open carry when driving? Im only asking because I am going to carry my knife with me in Delaware. Yes, Delaware specific laws would be appreciated.

Don't know what the laws are in the state of DE but CA, where I live, has some of the most restrictive laws of any state.

In CA, if ANY part of the weapon is covered, it is considered "concealed" even if part of it is still visible; the entire weapon has to be visible (whether in a sheath or holster or not) in order for it to be considered open carry.

So, based on your examples: 1) 1/2 under your shirt would be concealed, 2) strapped outside your backpack would be open carry, 3) and, placed anywhere in your car where it cannot be seen is concealed; sitting on a seat in plain view would be open carry.

The same reasoning would apply whether the weapon is a knife or a gun.

Back