Help Finding New SHTF Knife...

I've been looking for a long time at many MANY knives and have not found something that fits all my requirements yet. So, I thought I'd bring it to you all to get your thoughts.

Here's what I'm looking for:

7-9" fixed blade.
Satin (no coating).
Under $200.
Under a pound if possible.
And it needs to be intimidating.

This would be for a grab-and-go, SHTF situation. Combat first, utility second. I'm looking for something that will intimidate an attacker, than dispatch them. ;)

It also has to fit my personal style (which all knives do, don't they?) I'm not sure what that is yet, but I know it will speak to me once I've seen it.

(Do I also need to say it has to be great quality?)

I've owned a lot of knives but have gotten rid of most of them. Honestly, I am not a collector. I just want to have the few I'd really use. I have a J.Oeser custom for fire-making and camping. An ESEE Junglas for slitting wood and right now my fixed SHTF is an ESEE 3 with TKC scales. I'm looking for a meaner knife for the zombie apocalypse/Red Dawn scenario. :)

Oh, and I'll always have a folder on me, so large fixed blade is what I'm looking for here.

Any thoughts?

Thanks, fellas!

Also, let me add that I've owned a Busse Battle Mistress, Bushwacker Mistress and a Cold Steel Trailmaster all of which were just too heavy and unwieldy for me. I'm a big guy, but they were all too much knife. :)

Also, let me add that I've owned a Busse Battle Mistress, Bushwacker Mistress and a Cold Steel Trailmaster all of which were just too heavy and unwieldy for me. I'm a big guy, but they were all too much knife. :)

You're a big guy and need a knife to be intimidating? :p

Morrow's got a goat. Maybe some Tops knives. Prather War Bowie looks like a bad mother.

rkNJvWU.jpg

1234,,,:D

http://www.gutterfighting.org/smatchet.html

Smatchet would be awesome, but a quick search tells me that you wont get one for $200.

The bk7 would be pretty intimidating also. You said you wanted un coated, but I bet you could buy one, buy the micarta handles for it, and pay someone to strip the coating, or bead blast it off, and still have enough left over to buy a beer to drink while you admire how cool it is.
KABK7.jpg

Cold Steel Trailmaster
Blade: ~9+", Thickness: 5/16"
Satin Finish

Basically, it's a Bowie (fits ur fighting / intimidation need) and it is durable enough to
serve as a utility knife.

Try the new Cold Steel Marauder. This thing is boss. I'm buying one fairly soon.

CS39LSWBb.jpg

At under 12oz, it's a lot lighter than the Trailmaster, with a big 'ol 9" beastly Bowie blade and a sub-hilt. If this doesn't fit the bill, I don't know what does. Generally they go for under $100.

Try the new Cold Steel Marauder. This thing is boss. I'm buying one fairly soon.

CS39LSWBb.jpg

At under 12oz, it's a lot lighter than the Trailmaster, with a big 'ol 9" beastly Bowie blade and a sub-hilt. If this doesn't fit the bill, I don't know what does. Generally they go for under $100.

Yep, not sure you'll find a nastier looking knife!

CS39LSWBb.jpg

Alright, I'm getting one now! Now, if I could just get one without a hollow grind...

So you're trying to tell us that you need a big scary knife for SHTF, and that you're a "big guy" yourself, but the knives you mentioned were too much of knives?

Please define:
And it needs to be intimidating

:confused:

Back