Help finding sheath options for a Condor Golok

Having some trouble finding a good aftermarket sheath option to fit my Condor Golok machete. Below is a pic from the retail site to show the profile (since I don't have a good pic of mine handy), and blade length is 14". The leather sheath eventually wore out from usage, and I need to replace mine with something.

Some options I'd like to find, avoiding leather this time:
  1. An inexpensive but well made aftermarket 14 inch nylon sheath, for example a Marble's sheath, that would fit this Golok even though not designed for it.
  2. Going a little higher, perhaps a kydex sheath maker who already makes sheaths for this machete, given its popularity.
Suggestions of where I could find something?

ctkgolok7.jpg

Wow I never thought I could ask a question that would stump this forum, but I think I did. Or it's just a boring topic. Hmmmm.......... ;)

Found a sheath I'm going to try, a Marbles 14" for a standard machete. When I overlaid my Golok onto my standard Tramontina, the smaller blade fits within the Tramontina profile, which makes me think it COULD fit in a standard 14" machete sheath. Easy enough to return if not. If no love, I'll have to get a Kydex made. I'm too attached to my Golok to not be able to carry it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MXNZRP3/

13 hours including over night ands no response......wow!

Next time try using the sticky information at the top of this forums listing sheath makers and their contact information....OR go to the Craftsman Services Wanted forum in the knife exchange either of which might yield better and quicker results.

Good Luck

Paul

Relax, it was just some self-deprecating humor about the "boring" post (that's ME I was poking fun at). :p Never mind.....

So, a good result in this case. The Marbles sheath for a 14" standard Latin Bush machete (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MXNZRP3/) panned out. It's a perfect fit, thick material with stitches and rivets, reasonable quality to keep the Golok safe and secure. No fancy molle or mounting system, just a belt loop, but for $12 I'm not gonna complain. If I end up needing more I'll step up to Kydex and have Robert at Survival Sheath Systems build a better one. I love his sheath work on other things he's done for me, btw!

These pics show the solid fit of the sheath, and the fold-over velcro straps that give a way to insert it without slashing the material.

y4mNulKynrNXP8-Z96xGSfw3oZPZ0SOniGVsiTMo-uk8qw5HIjrX-aiX2QmwcKEW5GOe76O7yxfAZKe2h_J1CleNVJwA96maJdA-ah0k4xqchwEFQUyYycBxf7R2UloEwajBUjOOk6qOfxmHvsnmUWWG-DyttTztv7vdpFval6FF2TVq_GwfAJ8HEEIV2Evv8UDitNH6E7JhCHSwSetCuY1gg

y4mGbyjKmNLD_mKaEmMTWyLsa-v7vxDSl1X0bReV_nyKzeuMIYzDHYysD5G_vFwVOExjDyt5yCkhrCp-cnjUpATouKMBWimuGYc7Vf4HWsosQu0IiSmO9HTn1fgEQCf-aE1zjAQl-k6JMCj1PZ52IhWbQ7lenyQcDhBLt6IxjihpNRLYvnS14-6TYlr3aCHcYQm_rSnzL9P4xJpMuCCd1bMMg

Reactions: vba
Glad you found one to suit your needs. Looks like a substantial sheath and the price was surely right.

Paul

Back