Help identify this Swamp Rat blade please ! New Aussie member.

G'day guys (and girls),

New member needing Swamp Rat help please!

I recently purchased the pictured Swamp Rat knife and need to know exactly what it's called so I can order a sheath online.

The blade is 6 inches long, 6.5 inches to the rear of the choil.

.25 inches thick.

SR101 (52100 ball bearing steel) I think?

Micarta scales I think? I haven't got it from the post office yet, so haven't examined it personally.

Is it a Ratmandu, a Rodent 6, or what is it, please ?!

Cheers :)

Screenshot-20240212-212158.png

Definitely a Rodent 6 but without a top guard. I believe it's a custom shop job as they usually have a top guard.

Nice score! Enjoy that beast!

If you haven't yet, reach out to David Brown David Brown as he'll know for sure exactly what you need and he likely has one of these already to make a sheath with if I had to take a guess.

Thank you!

That's what I thought. I stumbled across the Rodent 6 a couple of years ago, google images or ...?

I really liked it then, but had never heard of Swamp Ray (WTF??), nor seen Walking Dead (Busse TGLB knife), nor heard of Busse even ....

Back before I was into ESEE even ... Ages ago now!

Never though a Rodent 6 would scuttle into my life, and then POW, eBay suggested this one!

And ...it wasn't in the US, it was in my Home Town ! Crikey !!

So, I bought it ! Pick it up this arvo .. sweet!

Reckon it will see my ESEE 6's gathering dust now. I think this is superior in every way.

Jeez, it looks The Business eh ?!!

(Yes, it was called a Custom on the seller's advertisement..I wondered why? No top guard, which I prefer, cool!)

I thank you for the Brown heads up. He only does kydex tho, I think?

I'm after leather, mottled/distressed/post apocalypse, if possible....

Cheers again!

AE1

Hey mate.
Nice score!

If you’re not in big rush I might know someone to help out with leather sheath…

Which part of Australia are you in?

Excellent!

Unbelievably, I just scored a Swamp Rat Mega Ratweiler, coated blade! And a Carbon V Cold Steel SRK, 90's model.

Super broke now, but worth it :-D

Deleted - due to "Moderation". .... $ AUD .. :)

28 years' Army service : 25 as an MP. 17 years in civilian Policing ...I am nothing if not obedient.......

Last edited:
Edit your post mate. You can’t offer sales in chat threads and you can’t sell unless you have gold membership or higher

Why not? Shouldn't evey member be able to interact / trade with every other member? Bit elitist otherwise; discouraging to new members ....

Triumph Rocket III forum, Yamaha, and Suzuki too, come to mind. Every member can do every thing, anywhere on the forum.

How long, and indeed how is this Gold status achieved? Most people don't have time to devote to huge volumes of postings ...

Largely defeats the purpose of joining..I need stuff shifted asap ..what with being flat broke and all.

Last edited:
Back