Help: Identifying Benchmade Bali-song with Wood Handles

Hey everyone,

Was hoping someone might help me in identifying this Benchmade Bali-song. I picked it up used from a local pawn shop today but am unfamiliar with the particular model. The pawn shop owner was very knowledgeable about knifes and he said that he had tried to do research on it and thought that it was an early bali-song model when Benchmade started to make them. He also thought it could be a special edition?

Another user on a different forum thought it was a fake Benchmade?

The blade (which is approximately 4") is marked Benchmade USA 525.

I can't find any Benchmade models of Bali-song knifes with wood handles like this one?

If anyone can help me identify the model, age, history, or if it's a counterfeit I would very much appreciate any and all help / info.

Thanks in advance folks,
John

Looks like a fake to me

This is a 525 :p

20131121_201858_zpsc0320635.jpg

Thanks folks for the information. After doing some research myself I'm also on the same page as you and it's a knock off replica. I'm going to take it back tomorrow and place an order from an authorized dealer for a model 62. It's too bad these fakes are out there and i'm sure the store is just going to put this back out on the shelf. Well at least i'm getting an education for free. Thanks everyone for your help.

Also, I want to thank everyone who responded and alerted me to the fake. I took it back today and got a full refund. I appreciate the help. Happy Holidays everyone.

Back