Help in choosing EDC Vs Paragee

borrowed my brother Paragee and now thinking of getting either a Paragee of a EDC. Can anyone help me compare the two knives.
What is the advantage of AUS8A ( used in Paragee) and 154CM ( used in EDC)

Thks

Both are pretty good steel and you would not see enough difference to worry about. Design wise, I prefer the Paragee. Slightly slimmer blade and the stone washed finish is pretty nice. Both very nice knives for the money but my nod goes to the Paragee.

I have yet to even handle a Paragee.

I have had my hands (BIG HANDS) on an EDC. It is about the same size as my Kershaw Vapor, and I feel the Vapor has Superior Ergos. The Vapor II is around a half inch longer closed and feels like it was built using my hand as the mold. The EDC is sorta sharp of edge.

This doesn't help you I know... but do pop into a Wallmart Super Store and ask to see a Vapor. See if you don't think it feels great!

Joe Shmoe - CHEAP!!!!

I have both. The EDC is a somewhat better built knife. The Paragee is, IMO, a much better design. Between the two it's pretty much a toss up.

Paul

Originally posted by PWork
I have both. The EDC is a somewhat better built knife. The Paragee is, IMO, a much better design. Between the two it's pretty much a toss up.
Paul

Is the Paragee the same size as the small, medium, or large Apogee?

TIA

I'd very much like to know size stuff too.

I heard a comment by Rush that not everyone wants to buy everything online but that many want to handle stuff in stores. I agree Wholeheartedly! I thought I must have an EDC someday until I actually handled one.

Size given such as 4 1/4" closed helps a lot, but I wear the largest commonly available gloves if that gives you an idea of my hand size!
I use size closed as a parameter for 'pocket' knives. I have ruled out a Victorinox Centurion as a left pocket carry because it is nearly 4.5 closed. I never put bigger than 3.75 in my pocket and not too thick at that (Currently Schrade 897UH ). I find about 4.5 or so best for clipped in right front because much longer contacts my keys when seated. Currently Vapor at 3 7/8".

I still say that Ken Onion must have a copy of my right hand stored away somewhere because those Vapors were made just for me!

Joe Shmoe - As cheap a$$ed a Bosturd as you will ever find!

I have medium hands and thought the EDC was difficult to grip well. Too small. The paragee is a better design and much better handle. Better point.

Buy the Paragee, they should be cheap on closeout as they are discontinued, I believe.

Phil

175647-framelocks2.jpg

I borrowed this pic from another thread but thought it to be a nice comparison shot.

I find the construction on the Paragee and EDC remarkably similar. I can't say that the EDC is constructed any better. I like both of these knives. As you can see from the pic the paragee has a less pronounced recurve and a more useful point.

I believe the average person probably wouldn't notice the difference in 154CM or AUS-8 in a knife of this size.

Both companies are excellent and stand behind their product.

I would buy the one that I liked the best. Ideally that would mean holding one. But that isn't always possible. Get the one you like the style of best.

They are both good knives and are both in my daily rotation.

Mikemck the Paragee is the smaller brother of Apogee
Paragee blade lenght is abt 3" only.

Guys thanks for the help - I will be getting the Paragee.

Paragee is the apogee in production form, comes in the small size.

Apogee came in 3 sizes.

Back