Help in identifying a Busse Knife

Mister_Punchy

Gold Member
A friend of mine just acquired a Busse knife on the secondary market but we have trouble identifying this model. Could you enlighted brothers help ?

We only have the following infos :
- it's a Busse knife
- it dilates our cavernous bodies quite efficiently.

busse recto.jpg
bus verso.jpg

Thank you very much in advance !

Oh man, she’s a beauty!!

Man, I miss mine, snakeskin. Used to carry it at work to break down boxes and throw into the wood 2x12s in the warehouse to combat boredom.

Last edited:
Looks like an Inactive Duty with black paper micarta. I've never seen a satin Off Duty with black paper micarta, but there are a decent amount of ID'S in this combo out in the wild.

I have the same Inactive Duty. Sweet score. The SLUT Duty is similar but not quite as thick. (Super Light Ultra Thick Duty)

Really nice score on a fairly hard to find piece. You don’t see many come up for sale and they usually want an arm and a leg for it. LOL.

Surfsidemel

After looking at my Off Duty's, it looks like the discerning difference is the size of the Talon & lanyard holes. My OD's have smaller holes. Just like the Heavy Duty's have smaller holes than the Milganza .19" thick Active Duty's. The HD holes are easy to spot as smaller, however these porky versions being satin & thicker, it's a bit harder to spot...but there is a difference.

Busse-SSOffDuty_Pair-1.jpg
Busse-SSOffDuty_Pair-6.jpgBusse-OffDutyTrio-1.jpg.

I asked my friend for some measures, will come back to you as soon as I get them.

Edit : he just told me "a little bit more than 8mm" which would be 0.314961 inches. I don't think he can be more precise without calipers...

Last edited:
That would make it an Inactive Duty.
Inactive Duty's were part of the 2009 Special Edition set offered in 2 different handles @ Blade Show East, & a following Ganza (1 night virtual show)- Here are the sets, 1 each in Black paper micarta & "Tequila Sunrise" G-10.
Back to front:
Fat Hammer, MOAB (Mother of all Busses), Key Lardo, Inactive Duty.

2009-SpecialEdition_Sets1b.jpg
2009-SpecialEdition_Sets4.jpg

Back