Help in iding this stamp

I know this is a hard question to ask, I was doing some general clean up since we were iceed in and while I was trying to match my sheaths to the right knife I came across this one that I could not match-up with any knife. I have several knives that I have purchased without a sheath, but I have never just purchased a sheath. There is a stamp on the back and I hope my photo is good enough for someone to ID.

Attachments

• 102_0024.JPG
    102_0024.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 102_0030.jpg
    102_0030.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 102_0029.jpg
    102_0029.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 48
David it appears that the stamp was placed using a very generic alphabet set available at many leather craft stores, therefore the sheath was proabably made by a hobbiest or the knife maker himself since the stamp is not a professionally produced maker's mark. That particular mark may or may not have been used again on anything making it very unlikely that it will be recognized. It appears to be a brand style representation of the letters B P with the B being over struck (for whatever that may be worth). That could be a former owners initials as well as the maker's mark. I wish you luck in your quest for information.

Paul

Back