HELP IS ON THE WAY FOR NEPAL!!!! Read NOW!

Bush seeks $20 million military aid for Nepal

The Bush administration has asked Congress for a $20 million grant in military aid to finance Nepal's war against terrorism, AFP reported from Washington.

"We are assessing Nepal's needs and reviewing several options for military assistance with Nepal.

"We've asked Congress for a supplemental appropriation of 20 million dollars in foreign military financing for Nepal, so that we can support more assistance.

"Once again, we reiterate our support for the right of Nepal to safeguard its citizens against these guerrillas within the framework of its own constitution," the agency quoted State Department spokesman Richard Boucher as saying Tuesday.

US military experts are currently making on-the-spot assessment of Nepal's needs following Secretary of State Colin Powell's historic January visit to the kingdom.

American and Indian diplomats are formally and informally discussing Nepal's bloody communist insurgency that has claimed more than 3,400 lives in more than six years after improved ties between Washington and New Delhi following the September 11 terror attacks against targets in New York and Washington.

US and India have condemned the Maoist insurgency and supported the government crackdown on the rebels. nepalnews.com br April 24, 2002"

YAHOO! Go get 'em BUSH!!!!!!

I hope and pray this is going to bring some law and order to the country. Stay tuned.

Stop the Maoists, get rid of the government crooks and Nepal will be okay.

I'd like to think that perhaps our email and letters did some good.

George W. may have some problems, but I still like the man and the go get'em attitude.

Our Government may not be the best there is either but it sure will do till some thing better comes along.

God Bless and Semper Fi!!!

J.L.P. Smithville, TX:D :D :D :p

Very encouraging, I guess now we find out if Congress has the stomach to fight terrorism in general, not just look out for immediate self-interest. Dispelling perceptions of anti-Muslem bias in "War on Terror" might make this a popular initiative and bring this into the open here. Hopefully China isn't pulling too many strings.

Yipeee !!! It may take a little while but things are going to be oK for Birghorka. There are jsut too many people praying on there behalf

Right now, the U.S. aide package isn't guaranteed - it's been proposed by Bush, and still needs Congressional approval. If you want something to do, email your congressmen and ask him to vote for this. $20 million is pocket change in terms of US foreign aid, but it could mean a huge difference to Nepal.

To a Senator or Representative, this is a very small thing - easily done or not done. They don't really have to work to propose anything, just vote yes or no. When the vote comes, the fact that a constitutent sent them a letter about the issue may be enough to push them into the yes column.

If you haven't sent anything about Nepal, get on the horn. If you have, you might want to send a reminder. Right now, I think that's the best thing we can do for the future of Birgorkha and the rest of Nepal

Thanks for good tip, Toh.

Send a reminder everybody -- vote yes on the 20 million to Nepal.

Mail sent to both senators and my district's representative. Hope it works!

Just sent email to George W.!! Thanks for good link Beo:)

Ok I emailed all my gov. officials to vote yes on aid for Nepal. i hope all the rest of you do the same

Foxy

Well, I sent off three more letters to SD's politicians. ... hopefully they'll support the aid package. I'll be very interested to see which of the Dems will.

I'll say a prayer for Nepal tonight. ...

Alan

Good news!

If we could give them some jobs too maybe that would be a preventative measure against this kind of thing occuring in the future.

Maybe the US could hire a couple hundred thousand ghurkas to help keep the arabs in line...

-Dave

Back