Help me date a Böker USA knife

Hello knife friends!

Can anyone help me date this pocket knife?
Confused by the information i found online or i'm misinterpreting it.

Hope the link works.
One tang stamp should mark it between 1945/1983 but if i Google the tree on the other blade google says 1900

Hope ya'll can help me!

Greetings from the Netherlands

Joshua.

Hey Fishhunter, wasn't able to see your message. Does my photo link work?
Yes. The link works.
I "think' your tree with skinny trunk matches the starting 1917 tree more than the earlier tree. ... I am probably wrong though.
Are the trees you found for Böker USA or Böker Germany?
I don't know if they are the same. A couple of the later Germany trees (1950's for example) seem a close match, as well.

Very nice knife. 👍

Yes. The link works.
I "think' your tree with skinny trunk matches the starting 1917 tree more than the earlier tree. ... I am probably wrong though.
Are the trees you found for Böker USA or Böker Germany?
I don't know if they are the same. A couple of the later Germany trees (1950's for example) seem a close match, as well.

Very nice knife. 👍

Not sure if they are American or German tree's it doesn't say so in the chart.

You can rarely date a Boker knife by the blade tang stamp or tree shape alone. You have to combine the pattern and shape along with the handle material and handle shield as well as the tang stamp.
Your particular model 5858 knife with all the features mentioned dates from the early 1950s to early 1970s era. Enclosed is a catalog illustration from 1959.
There is a very good book on Boker knives which is available in both English and German languages that would answer many question on Boker knives.
"Knife Magazine" carries the English version, and the Boker company in Germany carries the German version.

Boker Stockman 5858 1959 (1000x853).jpg

My guess was going to be 60s or 70s, but I think my colleague herder has got it right.

You can rarely date a Boker knife by the blade tang stamp or tree shape alone. You have to combine the pattern and shape along with the handle material and handle shield as well as the tang stamp.
Your particular model 5858 knife with all the features mentioned dates from the early 1950s to early 1970s era. Enclosed is a catalog illustration from 1959.
There is a very good book on Boker knives which is available in both English and German languages that would answer many question on Boker knives.
"Knife Magazine" carries the English version, and the Boker company in Germany carries the German version.

View attachment 2559438

That is amazing thank you so much!!
Definitely going to look for that book

Back