Help me decide on a 112

I'm getting a 112, trying to decide between the Indigo blue Dymondwood with the nickel bolsters or the Camel bone with brass. The Dymondwood looks cool, but I like the looks of the Camel bone a little more, but it's the nickel bolsters on the Dymondwood that have me leaning that way. The brass on my 110 always look like crap.
Thoughts on these Two?

I personally always like the nickel better than the brass but some might think brass is more classic. Really they're both fine. They'll both patina a little over time. It's the 112 so get the nickel, it's smaller so it can be the classy knife.

It's the 112 so get the nickel, it's smaller so it can be the classy knife.
Yeah, that's it, the 110 is for deer blood and guts and the 112, while it will get used, will be my good looking hunting knife, maybe slicing up some food at camp, or sitting up back straps.

I saw the title and my first thought was. The blue diamond wood nickel silver drop point from C&C. I think highly of it and the matching 110. A lot of bang for the $. IMHO. Just be aware. They tend more towards the black side of blue.

view

Last edited:
You ain't making this easier
Welcome Scott J., I have quite a few 110/112s that I thought would be my primary knife for this and/or that. Another would come along and I'd buy it. I suggest you get the one that pleases you now...there will be others! Well, that is unless you are a lot more disciplined than me and a lot of others on this forum :D:thumbsup:

I think the blue/NS/drop point is beautiful. I almost bought one, but then I found a two-dot 112 and bought that instead. :p

Short answer is yes. ;)

They’re all great.

I have a few 112’s: I carry an oak clip point finger groove 420HC brass most days. An iron wood FG clip point buckle silver s30v runs a strong second.

Some others are still neat but these two are carried most often.

FWIW, and the 112 is just a sweet lockblade.

Last edited:
Just my opinion, but overall I like the look of the nickel better on the 112. The brass patinas pretty quickly just FYI if you decide to go that route.

I have a few 112's and even I don't have the Camel bone..Brass is a classic choice with any kind of bone handles and I would go with that. But by far blade choices are more important! Any super steels in the 112 are a better choice and by far I prefer a drop point. In your shoes I would pick a drop point in any upgraded steel for a user but all else being equal I like the nickel silver frame the best..

Back