Help me design a PSK

m. wohlwend

BANNED
I know the economy is rough and alot of us don't have the extra cash laying around to get the big nice toys we want. I had been kicking around the idea of a inexpensive knife that most of us could afford to buy. I would offer this knife as a package with a sheath. The idea is to make a design that I don't have to spend tons of time on drilling excessive holes...etc. The less time invovled means I can produce more at a better price. So submit your DESIGN in this thread along with your PRICE POINT, what you would be willing to pay for your design. This will help me in setting the final price, and selecting the final design....

Hey Mark here are a couple of designs I had for a PSK or back up type knife.Tried to come up with something that could be used to do everything from skin a squirrell to making fuzz sticks but still remain very minimalistic and light.

design078.jpg

design078-3.jpg

Not sure on any exact dimensions or price point, just trying to get the ball rolling on some designs.

Last edited:
i sent you an email with a design, obv. the grind can be changed or w.e you'd like just thought id toss it out there

From Pvt SnoBallz:

05141001281.jpg

i figure OAL would be 4.25- 4.5
thickness would be your choice (i love the fattys lol)

you could flatgrind it or saber or convex it.. idk i figure35$ ish? idk to be honest

thanks pitdog!

i couldnt figure what was up with my photobucket so i just emailed it to him :]

i literally jot it down when i saw the other two lol

you gotta see my necker! came out great i really love it.

ive been wrestling myself on whether i should force a patina or just let it develop on its own

and hey my micarta is ORANGE! what are you trying to say?! lolol

its my first and to be honest..i really love it lol

he left a bit of red in there and it looks like a liner..ill try and put some pics up later tonight

and hey my micarta is ORANGE! what are you trying to say?! lolol

its my first and to be honest..i really love it lol

he left a bit of red in there and it looks like a liner..ill try and put some pics up later tonight

Without sounding like I'm trying to back track I actually like orange on smaller blades, PSK, EDC models etc. I think it's a very practical choice but I just don't think it would look right on the brute that Mark is making me !;)

How about something like this? Without handle scales, judging by the size, I would say around $50?

9i8qyu.jpg

~Noah

great desighs folks...:thumbup: i especially like Noah's... i think $40-$60 is a good base price for a bare bones PSK knife..

Thanks Mike!

Here's another one I threw together that's similar to my last one, but with a straight-clip point instead of a wharnie:

2mq9naq.jpg

~Noah

I like it! I am planning on sticking to the 6 1/4" length you suggested and making a variety of styles for the blades in each run. A little something for everyone. :)

Thanks Mike!

Here's another one I threw together that's similar to my last one, but with a straight-clip point instead of a wharnie:

2mq9naq.jpg

~Noah

I am going to profile out two clip points this weekend. thanks for the input!

Back