Help me pick my next Cold Steel!!!

So I had to send back a Recon 1 XL Tanto because the lock wasn't working properly. I've done some research and I want to get another smaller (hey, 4" is what I consider small) EDC folder as I own a G10 Espada 5.5" if I want to go larger. Right now my favorite EDCs are my Recon 1 AUS8A and my two Spyderco Manix 2s, one G10 DLC and the other the Black FRCP LW. These are my favorites mostly because they are thin, have blade lengths over 3.25", and have more finger guard than most other folders.

I have about 8 Spydercos but only 2 Cold Steel folders now. My nephews have weaseled my 4" Talwar and my first Recon 1 XL out of me so I've decided that my next knife will be a Cold Steel to replace the 2 that have went home with my nephews. I've settled on two options, the Swift II and another Recon 1 Spear Point but in CTS-XHP. The Recon 1 is an obvious choice, I have the AUS8A version and it's one of my favorites. The Swift II is interesting because of the assisted opening, blade to handle ratio, spear point blade, and the "contoured" handle scales.

I have a few questions about the Swift, if you own both the Recon and Swift that'll be a big help as actual first hand user info is always best.

1. Are the "contoured" scales on the Swift more comfortable than the Recon 1? I don't mean how rough the scales are on the Recon, I actually like the extra gritty grip. I mean how ergonomic the handle is in your hand.

2. Is lock disengagement the same, harder, or easier than the Recon 1?

3. I've heard of some problems with the assist mechanism on the Swifts breaking often, have you had your Swift fail?

4. If you had to do it over would you still buy the Swift?

5. If you have both the Recon and the Swift, which is your favorite?

As always thanks for the help!!!

As you can tell from the picture below I own 16 Cold Steel knives, and the Swift I is my favorite EDC. I love everything about it!!

I just went through this decision making like you are, and I wanted either a Recon 1 spear point or a Swift. I have a large Voyager too. After going back and forth, I finally chose the latest American Lawman! I was just about to buy a Spyderco G10 handled Manix 2, but I think a hollow ground drop point is the best looking blade grind on the planet, so the Lawman it is.

Back