HELP - Microtech Ultratech breakdown. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDQBox

BANNED
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to disassemble a Microtech Ultratech without having to purchase a domed Tr-Wing wrench tool bit for $20? I really don't see the value in buying the a tool bit I will only being using maybe once or twice a year to perform regular maintenance on my Ultratech.

Just wondering if anyone knows of a good way or alternative tool that can be used to remove the proprietary Microtech screws other than the one found online for around $20?

microtech-tri-makora-wrench.jpg

I have herd you can find them at Harbor Freight.

I would be VERY surprised to find out that were true. I'll keep that in mind the next time I am in HTF and will let you know. Thanks.

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to disassemble a Microtech Ultratech without having to purchase a domed Tr-Wing wrench tool bit for $20? I really don't see the value in buying the a tool bit I will only being using maybe once or twice a year to perform regular maintenance on my Ultratech.

Just wondering if anyone knows of a good way or alternative tool that can be used to remove the proprietary Microtech screws other than the one found online for around $20?

microtech-tri-makora-wrench.jpg

Engine block repair epoxy putty. Make a small tapered handle with one out of puddy. Impress and smear some vasaline on the screw head of one screw. Impress the putty into the head and be sure it forces nipples of the material up in the hole patterns. Let that putty sit there and cure. Once hard, pull it off and you should have a good strong wrench once it sets up and fully hardens. Simply trim off the excess while softer and then clean it up with some emery cloth. Nice and neat and they usually last unless you get one stubbornly locked in there that can mess things up.

Engine block repair epoxy putty. Make a small tapered handle with one out of puddy. Impress and smear some vasaline on the screw head of one screw. Impress the putty into the head and be sure it forces nipples of the material up in the hole patterns. Let that putty sit there and cure. Once hard, pull it off and you should have a good strong wrench once it sets up and fully hardens. Simply trim off the excess while softer and then clean it up with some emery cloth. Nice and neat and they usually last unless you get one stubbornly locked in there that can mess things up.

That is an awesome idea I would have never thought of doing that. Thanks for the tip. I'm going to try it this and will post pics of my success or failure. Thanks. +1 :thumbup:

So....any updates? I recently obtained a new Ultratech and would like to know about a take down method. I've seen a pencil with the nails sticking out of it but the epoxy sounds more professional grade :)

So....any updates? I recently obtained a new Ultratech and would like to know about a take down method. I've seen a pencil with the nails sticking out of it but the epoxy sounds more professional grade :)

Okay, I tried the expoxy with pins. It worked for a while, enough for a tear down and reassembly. Not much more than that, though. The pins starting to get too loose. I will try one more time this weekend and will post pics.

Contact the guy at ....The Hallowgrind he'll get you straight

Yes, Dave (thehollowgrind.com) has the tool bit for around the same price as BladeHQ. If you read the OP, you would know that I am not interested in spending $20+ on a tool bit I would use a handful of times a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back