1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Recommendation? Help ! Need a very tough handle wrap , dip , or ???

Discussion in 'Maintenance, Tinkering & Embellishment' started by DocJD, Jul 15, 2019.

1. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    :) As title suggests . I need a really tough, durable and fairly easy/simple , no talent materials and "how to" suggestions for handle wrap / coating .

I'm looking for something rugged enough to survive throwing , which tends to tear-up my regular silicone tape wrap real quick . :(:thumbsdown:

I'm considering a truck bed liner , "Herculiner" , but have no experience with similar material or how to use it . :confused:

I would much appreciate any help ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

2. Wowbagger

Wowbagger Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 20, 2015
    What is the handle made of that you are going to wrap ?
    I think the best thing is to make the handle out of some thing with potential like glass fiber reinforced nylon then texture the hell out of that.

Here you go : this is a tread that I was lurking in. I have no business posting there but it is interesting how they tune the handle / grip at this LINK > > >

DocJD likes this.
  3. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    Would epoxy soaked paracord work for you?

DocJD likes this.
  4. brando555

brando555 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    DocJD likes this.
  5. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    I've never tried , but maybe I should take the plunge . ;)

I'm a little shy of attempting new techniques that can't be easily undone . One of my many character flaws ! :(

flatblackcapo likes this.
  6. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
  7. l1ranger

l1ranger

Jan 27, 2017
    try the paracord without the epoxy

easily undone and fairly tough in some ways. definitely cheap enough to give it a try

DocJD likes this.