Help need to identify my Swiss Army Knife

Bought this early 80’s please could someone identify it and help me find new scales for it. What size scales?

Wenger was another Swiss company that provided pocket knives to the Swiss Army, so they were also rightfully considered Swiss Army Knives (and marketed as such in the US, I think.) They were just as good as Victorinox but always a little bit more expensive, and eventually Victorinox bought them. The old factory where Wengers were made is still making pocket knives but they are now Victorinox branded - the last true Wengers were made in 2013 or thereabouts. Any scales you find will date from then.
I don't think yours is particularly valuable or anything so I wouldn't go crazy trying to find a nice new pair of scales. Yours has a metal insert (where the Swiss shield used to be) and you will not find scales like that new. The new ones should fit but will have the shield painted on.
Edit - it is possible that the knife is more valuable with the old scales on there.

Wenger was another Swiss company that provided pocket knives to the Swiss Army, so they were also rightfully considered Swiss Army Knives (and marketed as such in the US, I think.) They were just as good as Victorinox but always a little bit more expensive, and eventually Victorinox bought them. The old factory where Wengers were made is still making pocket knives but they are now Victorinox branded - the last true Wengers were made in 2013 or thereabouts. Any scales you find will date from then.
I don't think yours is particularly valuable or anything so I wouldn't go crazy trying to find a nice new pair of scales. Yours has a metal insert (where the Swiss shield used to be) and you will not find scales like that new. The new ones should fit but will have the shield painted on.
Edit - it is possible that the knife is more valuable with the old scales on there.

Thanks

I bought it in the UK and have used it over many years. Love it!

Just seen the Blade says Wenger Delemont on it that makes sense now!

Last edited:
That actually seems to be a Classic 16, but an old one. It has the exact size and tool set, so it is a pretty sure bet.

Back