Help picking a pocket holster.

I’ve normally carry a Ruger LC9s in a FIST kydex pocket holster. It has worked great for years when I only carried it on weekends and some evenings. Now I carry it all day every day and it just isn’t holding up. It is starting to crack in some areas so I know it’s about time to get something else. I’m looking for something that can take being carried everyday. Or be cheap enough to replace occasionally. I currently only get the FIST to last 12-18 months before it cracks and I have to replace @ $55 each. Recommendations greatly appreciated.

I have a pocket Holster from Bob Mika at Mika's Pocket Holsters. I use it for a SP101. I am very happy with it and Bob was very responsive and very well priced. It is not fancy, but it works. I don't use it often, so I can't testify to its durability but it is a soft side holster so it won't crack.

Vedder makes excellent pocket holsters, as does Alabama holster, I have used both and been very pleased with each.

Mika’s holsters are the very best. Imho. I have several. Best part he makes it fit the gun and sizes it to fit your pocket.

Yet another enthusiastic vote for Robert Mika holsters. I have 4 of them now. Like S Shann , one of mine is for my Ruger SP101. That is a decent sized pistol, yet the holster is perfect.

I normally carry my Sig 938 in an IWB holster but do pocket carry at times. I’ve used a front pocket Alabama holster and am very pleased with it.

Vedder makes excellent pocket holsters, as does Alabama holster, I have used both and been very pleased with each.
Both of them are the type I like. I’m guessing they use a thicker kydex? And maybe that would make them last longer?

I have a Galco horsehide pocket holster for my S&W j-frames that I love. On the cheapo side, I think Mike's are pretty decent.

I don't think I would like a kydex holster in my pocket very much. A little too rigid. But, of course, to each their own! :thumbsup:

I have a Galco horsehide pocket holster for my S&W j-frames that I love. On the cheapo side, I think Mike's are pretty decent.

I don't think I would like a kydex holster in my pocket very much. A little too rigid. But, of course, to each their own! :thumbsup:

You'd probably be surprised, the gun is gonna be rigid either way, and the kydex is very comfortable if shaped properly, less bulky than many of the nylon options as well.

Problem solved!!!! Ran across an eBay seller making kydex pocket holsters. I took a gamble. It turned out better than I had hoped. It’s exactly what I wanted. I’m pretty impressed in the fact that the seller made the holster and I received it 4 days later for $27.99.

How does a kydex pocket holster work? Kydex is so slick against cloth, and generally takes a lot of pull force to get the gun to come out, so how do you get the gun out of your pocket and not gun and holster together?

How does a kydex pocket holster work? Kydex is so slick against cloth, and generally takes a lot of pull force to get the gun to come out, so how do you get the gun out of your pocket and not gun and holster together?
It is held in place by the trigger guard. It has the spot to push it free with your thumb and the the gun comes free from the holster.

The Mika holster stays in your pocket... no need to push is with your thumb. Ditch the kydex, get a Mika. You WILL thank me for it, trust me.

Back