Help picking knives for Groomsmen!

So, I'm getting married in two months and I'm looking into gifts to get my groomsmen. A couple of them carry knives, but I wouldn't necessarily classify any of them as "knife people." However, I think they all would probably enjoy and use a knife if I gave them one. Problem is, I have 8 groomsmen, and with everything else I'm paying for, I'd like to try and avoid breaking the bank. So, any ideas guys? I was thinking $25-30 each, and I would be open to options to customize them (although at that price point, it seems unlikely). I'm also open to traditional folders or more modern ones. Blade length would need to be 3 inches or less, a lot of the guys are office workers. Help!

The new Ontario Rat 2 is in your price and size range and has quickly become my favorite edc, replacing its big brother the rat 1. Awesome knife and should cost much more than it does.

If you can find a few of them, Camillus TL-29's. I recently aquired one and I love it. They should be in your price point.

Get em each a Leatherman Wingman. Far more useful than a lone knife, and more likely to be carried by the non knife guys.

something with steel handles is really customizable, but I don't know if you'll be able to find a quality knife AND customize it for that price....

this is too large for your requirement, but its what I received as a groomsman.
11j4zms.jpg

Some of the smaller Opinels could be easily customized in that price range.

you could look into something like the spyderco ambitious or persistence they are great for around $30

ambitious.jpgpersistance.jpg

Congrats DRJames!

I'd suggest mixing and matching depending on their personalities and which ones you like more than others. :)

Leatherman wingman or sidekick.
Buck Vantage Select or Avid
Victorinox Climber II or Trekker (one handed opener)
Mora classic for a fixed blade option
Becker BK14 for another fixed blade option (got this from my Sister for her wedding, I love it)

I went with knives and pocket watches for my groomsmen. Best man got a mini grip since the best man has to be better hahaha. the 3 groomsmen got the scallions. All of them got watches with engravings

BM-555HG-Blu-Benchmade-Mini-Griptilian.jpgscallion_1620_1__760x298.jpgwpk026-0-4.jpg

Thanks for all the input guys! There's some great stuff so far. I'm leaning towards the case peanut, or maybe the leek at the moment. Really good suggestions though!

Get em each a Leatherman Wingman. Far more useful than a lone knife, and more likely to be carried by the non knife guys.

Hadn't thought about a multi-tool Grease, I'll have to take that into consideration.

I think one of the best most useful knives is Victorinox SAK - something like the Tinker of Spartan. Tinker has a Philips head screwdriver while the Spartan has a corkscrew. I rarely drink wine, but my wife does. I have Spartans in pool/beach bags, dock kits and carry one to parties and cookouts. Handy for open good beer and wine. I love the utility of SAKs though I have a dozen or so traditional slip-joints that rotate in my EDC. A SAK can be appreciated by all where as a traditional or lockblade may end-up in a drawer. If you want to spend more, an Alox Cadet runs 29.99, is a little smaller but a really nice knife. Some places offer engraving.

Back