[HELP] Some yellow liquid inside my One Hand Trekker.

So, as some may know, I recently got a One Hand Trekker. When I first got it, I opened up the blade part, and there was some kind of liquid at the openin and blade was. I assumed it was water so I wiped it with some TP. But then, the liquid was actually yellow. I'm going through all parts of the knife, and there is the "liquid" almost at the buttom of where the mechanisms are stored. Can I get any help cleaning this or what this yellow liquid is?

It's just the factory oil put onto the knife to keep it functioning smoothly. Nothing to worry about, but I wouldn't eat it.

So, as some may know, I recently got a One Hand Trekker. When I first got it, I opened up the blade part, and there was some kind of liquid at the openin and blade was. I assumed it was water so I wiped it with some TP. But then, the liquid was actually yellow. I'm going through all parts of the knife, and there is the "liquid" almost at the buttom of where the mechanisms are stored. Can I get any help cleaning this or what this yellow liquid is?

It is most likely a lubricant the manufacturer uses.

If it does dry out, you can always re-apply some oil. 3-in-1 works decently and is pretty readily available at most hardware stores. Fluorinated grease is another popular choice, and it's pretty readily available at many auto supply shops. Then there are the fancy oils, like Nano Oil and Quick Release, which work great, but cost a bit more.

I would wash it off. Get rid of it completely.
It is to stop the product deteriorating in storage.
In use, the oil will collect dirt.
I keep mine oil free, no problems. & much better for dealing with food.

Back