Help, stolen Steiner monocular; advise for replacement

fracmeister

Petroleum Engineer
I loved mine; http://www.tripleaughtdesign.com/monocular_8x22.htm for those who have not seen it. But (along with my IPAQ, my laptop, a sebenza, sunglasses, sony memory sticks, a whistle and a surefire 3P) it is gone to some thief in Quito who (with any luck) will have been killed in a semi tragic car crash by now. Any suggestions on replacements? I can't imagine replacing the other stuff with anything different!

Oh Fracmeister, that's killing me just reading it. I had an involuntary shudder. Let's hope the bastard was at least confused by the Sebenza and lopped off a finger or two while trying to shut it.
biggrin.gif

I can't say I really have any suggestions, since you already had some really good choices. I've been wanting to see one of the tiny Minox monoculars, but I'm not so sure it would be better than the Steiner. Maybe you should just invest in a booby trapped carrying case?
wink.gif

My condolences,
Paul

[This message has been edited by Paul Davidson (edited 04-21-2001).]

For the pricepoint and quality, the Pentax monocular can't be beat. It's a little larger then the Zeiss (which are very nice as well). It comes with a little standoff that lets it be reversed for use as a mini-microscope. Depending on where you shop, when I last looked, prices where in the $50 to $100 range.

Stay Sharp,
Sid

Back