Help Us Name Our Boat Contest

DHARMA

dhar·ma (där'mə, dûr'-)
n.
Hinduism & Buddhism.
The principle or law that orders the universe.
Individual conduct in conformity with this principle.
The essential function or nature of a thing.
Hinduism. Individual obligation with respect to caste, social custom, civil law, and sacred law.
Buddhism.
The body of teachings expounded by the Buddha.
Knowledge of or duty to undertake conduct set forth by the Buddha as a way to enlightenment.
One of the basic, minute elements from which all things are made.

Ad Astra said:
Mmmm. Good so far...
More to go on? It's fast- 200HP, and deep-vee hull means it can go way out in the Gulf of Mexico... If the Skipper isn't "Pollo Del Mar" :footinmou

Ad Astra

Is "Pollo Del Mar" (Chicken of the Sea) something like "El Wimpo Gato" or "Fraidy Cat?"

Noah Zark said:
"Drug Runner"

Well, maybe not. Some folks have no sense of dry humor.

Seriously, how about a number or something that signifies something else?

Example: If you watch SNL, you've noticed the door at the back of the set on Studio 8H through which the guest host enters is numbered "30." That is a longstanding "slam" to the NBC execs of the mid-70s, who did not allow the SNL cast to enter 30 Rockefeller Plaza through the front door; they had to use the service entrance out back, or enter from the Concourse level beneath "30 Rock." Loren Michaels, the producer of SNL decided to paint "30" on the door at the rear of the set as a slam to the Powers That Were.

Noah

"-30-" is printer's talk for "end of story."

Flyin'Low

Crest Counter

Surf Skimmer

Waves Good, Bye

WaveGood, Bye

Shell Skipper

~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<> THEY call me
'Dean' :)-FYI-fWiW-iIRC-JMO-M2C-YMMV-TiA-YW-GL-HH-HBd-IBSCUtWS-theWotBGUaDUaDUaD
<> Tips <> Baha'i Prayers Links --A--T--H--D

Bamboo said:
Did I win yet?
No, but I'll send you the Strawberry Dairyshake Powder as a consolation prize...

Leaning towards Privateer with Satori winning and Steely Gunz as runner up... will send both MRE's (if they want- Dave's already in the service and it's a horrible wedding gift for Jake). SWMBO must ratify, and that takes time....

good stuff, ddean and others. It ain't over yet... notice some Cantina Irregulars pitching in, thanks everybody. It ain't over... still waiting for an nautical epiphany... Allright. Will decide tomorrow 8AM central.

Mike
Ad Astra

Ad Astra said:
No, but I'll send you the Strawberry Dairyshake Powder as a consolation prize...
Mike
Ad Astra
That's awesome. I love winning. And authentic strawberry dairyshakes.

I'd like to thank Mike, the United States Military, and the Boating Industry for making all of this possible.

Bamboo said:
That's awesome. I love winning. And authentic strawberry dairyshakes.

I'd like to thank Mike, the United States Military, and the Boating Industry for making all of this possible.
Bamboo, read the top of #3 of this thread... then email me the address you want your "consolation prize" sent to. Will ship tomorrow.

Because you're a sport, I'll throw in the Chicken Tetrazzini or Vegetable Manicotti entree. These are OK to eat, manufactured 2004, handed out by troops in uniform to disaster victims in my area. I think we got 5 cases, 2 are left.

I have a lot of repressed memories from that time. I think anyone who eats these does.

Mike
Ad Astra

Thanks Mike!

I'm thinking that maybe you should hold onto them for now. I came to this decision based on two facts:

1. You are not out of hurrican season yet .... :D ;) :footinmou :barf:

2. I have enough of my own repressed memories, I don't need anymore.

But when I'm out in the Gulf, I will keep an unwavering eye out for the No Hoodoo!
~ Bamboo ~

Ad Astra said:
still waiting for an nautical epiphany...

My second vote: Nautical Epiphany.

For the lucky winners, remember - if you don't like the chow, you can always make MRE bombs out of the heaters. Great fun.

I guess I'm too late, but since I am up this late, and read the whole thread, here goes...

Cutting edge

Sure leave

V.K. Shinn

Sharp Fin

Sharp Finn

Kothimoda

Grand Moff Tarkin

Chakmakarda

Chape of Good Hope

Earendil

Moon light sonata

Grey Wanderer

Elwing

Coo Coo Ri

GPS (Ganga Plank Special)

Please, No MRE's!

I NEVER got hungry enough for the chicken ala puke.

Thankfully, I got out before the strawberry drink force reduction powder was issued.

Worst I ever felt on a Field exercise was when the gut truck rolled out down range. Nothing made me feel so bad as that pair of pop tarts and a coke, after weeks of army "food".

The E tool won that race...

Barely! :D

Tom

Arwen, Galadrial, Earendil, Andruil( flame of the west), Aragon, Strider, White Rider, Gandalf, White Wizard, Shaken Not Stired, Anchors Aweigh, Easy Come Easy Go (an Elvis movie), Nawlins, Big Easy.
Just my thoughts.

James

Great last minute stuff...

"ChakmaKarda" has a great roll to it..."Dharma" will get me looks... Don't like LOTR enough to name a boat after it.

With my luck, the Nautical Epiphany I would have would be remembering I fogot the drain plug miles offshore.

"Banker's Buddy" hehe. Bruisee, no Keel Hauling, but a cove near here was used for careening- old term used for hull cleaning where they beached the ship, pushed it way over on one side to scrape barnacles, then the other. And I bookmarked Bill's cannon page a long time ago.

Also the area was known for a series of UFO sightings- one set was a hoax, the other not. Seen by many, many with video, newspaper coverage.

Thanks for the think-tank input,

Ad Astra

Re naming your boat;

How about:

"AWAY O'EE"

Conjures up images of wind on the waves or clouds scudding down a night sky.

It also has a hidden or obscure connotation:
Only the most astute Florida natives will recognize it as the title of a beautiful song written by the late Will McLean, father of Florida Folk music.

I'm liking "CONDUIT."

Yes. I know the contest has ended.

What's your point?

Ad Astra said:
Also the area was known for a series of UFO sightings- one set was a hoax, the other not. Seen by many, many with video, newspaper coverage.

Ad Astra
Which pic did you post? :cool:
The real one or the hoax? ;) :D
Have you ever told DIJ about your experience of abduction? That was you wasn't it Mike? ;) :rolleyes: :p :D

Back