Help with identifying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you tried E-mailing the man who made it ?

That is where I would start

All I can tell you is it is pretty old I would say at least 25 to 30 years old probably older.

Email both jerry@bussecombat.com & customerservice@bussecombat.com and/or call us at (419) 923-6471 (M-F 9:00am - 5:00pm Eastern)

From a thread for another 'G.P. Busse' knife:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...e-g-p-busse-field-grade.1774170/post-20326897
Nice score my friend! I believe it is circa 1984 - 1988. It was cut out and completely ground by hand.

It was designed on the front of the grinding wheel and no two were ever exactly alike.

The steel is A2 and I parkerized that bad boy AFTER the handles were on and finished.

If you drink a few, you can see the Battle Mistress looming in the shadows!!!

Let's Drink!!! :cool:

Jerry :D

This is what Jerry had to say via email.

Yowza! Nice knife! I believe that knife was made in the mid to late 1980s. The steel was A-2 tool steel and was completely handmade by me.

It looks to have been used quite heavily and should have some good value to the many Busse collectors.

The thumb grooves were done free-hand as is evidenced by the ever so slight difference in the width of the teeth and spacing.
The letters EP were probably the initials of the original owner.

Congrats on possessing such a rare piece!

Jerry

We are so thankful for his reply.

Thank you to everyone who helped me find the information on the knife. I wanted to let y'all know what Jerry said about the knife.

That common model? Yea its ok. Probably worth a little more then its original price tag but not by much……..😝😝😝

This is what Jerry had to say via email.

The letters EP were probably the initials of the original owner.

Congrats on possessing such a rare piece!

Jerry

We are so thankful for his reply.

Thank you to everyone who helped me find the information on the knife. I wanted to let y'all know what Jerry said about the knife.
Very cool

Glad it got solved.

Hope you keep using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back