Help with UK knife laws. (purchasing online + delivery concerns)

Hi guys. So I'm looking to purchase a new kukri. Got my eye on a semi-custom mini panawal from KHHI.
I haven't purchased a knife online since I bought my first kukri from KHHI something like a decade ago. So I checked current UK knife law to make sure I go about it the right way and haven't overlooked anything that could get me into bother. And I noticed a lot of talk about not being able to have knives delivered to home adresses. That they need to be delivered to a business address?
However, I noticed on the UK gov website nothing is mentioned about having knives delivered to your home address.
Could any fellow UK buyers enlighten me about this whole thing? I mean, I don't know anyone that has their own business, so if I can't have it delivered to a home address, then I'm basically screwed right?

I don't think this proposed law is brought into force yet, or if it ever will be. And if it is you can get it delivered to your local post office delivery depot, pick it up there and show you're 18 or over. But I've ordered many knives recently, and never had a problem with them coming to my home address. They are supposed to age check you at your door though. Some websites can do this online using the voters roll to check you are over 18.

This is just the sort of idiot we have who votes for the stupid “ban this, ban that…” laws, which make “our” lives just that little more harder each and every day.

I my lifetime I have seen semi-auto rifles banned, handguns banned, now many sorts of knives banned and even free speech banned to some degree. I’m sure it wont stop here either!
Decent ordinary folk are paying the price for the actions of criminals and nut-jobs.
We really are living in an Orwellian dystopia.

Back