Review Help - ZT 0452CF

I had bought a ZT 0452CF knife from Amazon. My first impression was great, until a close examination. It appear to be a counterfeit. Two things were off. The Amazon knife has a groove edge on its Titanium side of the handle, the ZT factory pics show a smooth edge. Another detailed that was off is a missing a small cutout at the end of the lock, just below the pocket clip. This knife is missing this small detail.
Is it possible that Amazon is selling a fake high end knife?

I purchased a ZT 0562 on Amazon that was supposed to be new, box was beat up ok no big deal then looking at the knife the edge on the blade had chips in it, blade was used, sent it back full refund, no problem. Will never by another knife on Amazon.

And yes there are all kinds of counterfeit products sold on Amazon, send it back.

I bought a knife on Amazon once that claimed to be M390, and excellent quality, for about $90. That’s not unheard of, but I feel like it’s unlikely that it was real.

And the F&F began to suck after a little bit. As soon as one of the scales started coming loose, I just sent it back. Amazon being so big has it’s perks; no issues returns.

Personally, I would almost never buy knives on Amazon. From my experience they tend to be just as expensive as dealers, with some fakes and issues thrown in. At least in ‘The Bay, you can find stuff cheap.

The newer 0452s have those machining lines going all the way around the lockside. I have one in the 9,000s w/out them, and one in the 18,000s with the lines. Are you saying the knife is missing the relief cut-out in the lockbar? That wouldn’t be good

Remember, many items sold on amazon are from other sellers from all over the U.S. and other parts of the world,not just amazon themselves.

The newer 0452s have those machining lines going all the way around the lockside. I have one in the 9,000s w/out them, and one in the 18,000s with the lines. Are you saying the knife is missing the relief cut-out in the lockbar? That wouldn’t be good
I think he is talking about the hole in the lockbar notch. There is one listed on the exchange that is also missing this hole.

Buyer beware with the likes of Amazon, Aliexpress, etc. All have been known to offer fakes, counterfeits and sub-standard Chinese and Pakistani junk.

Do you have a pic of your knife?
I do have a pictures, but I have no idea how to post them here. ( go ahead and make fun of me 😁)

I do have a pictures, but I have no idea how to post them here. ( go ahead and make fun of me 😁)

Welcome to Bladeforums 9 900ss

Sounds like an interesting knife you have, pictures would surely help, I agree.

Below I’ll give you a direct link for you to follow so you don’t need to try and find it.

Follow the instructions in the very first post using the one for non paid subscribers (that’s you).

Also, in that same exact thread post, you can practice posting pictures in it, that’s what it is there for and you can practice away as much as you want, nobody will care how many errors a person may make trying to get it right.

If you have a question about posting pictures while trying, just ask there too, many members keep an eye out and will be glad to answer any questions you may have.

Once you got it down pat, post your picture up here in your thread.

Good luck and again welcome to BladeForums.

Direct instructions for posting pictures and practice:

Was it sold by “amazon.com,” or a third party selling on Amazon? From experience, if sold by amazon.com, it is very unlikely to be a counterfeit.
It was sold directly by Amazon, I was specifically trying to avoid a third party sellers. I was told that Amazon isn’t a ZT dealer or directly buying from ZT. At this point it doesn’t matter, the knife is on its way back to Amazon, and another one is on my way from an Authorized dealer

It was sold directly by Amazon, I was specifically trying to avoid a third party sellers. I was told that Amazon isn’t a ZT dealer or directly buying from ZT. At this point it doesn’t matter, the knife is on its way back to Amazon, and another one is on my way from an Authorized dealer
I think you did the right thing. Regardless of what we here can tell you, it comes to you being comfortable and confident with the knife. That’s the silver lining with Amazon. Returns are a breath. Good luck in your next purchase.

Back