Here Comes FRANCES!

Im in martin county and were ready as we can be.Shuckers is still there btw.I party threre every once in a while.The admirals table has been closed for a while.Conchy joes is still there.Well perhaps it wont be there after this blowjob were gona get.

Hey, Stihl, it's cool to hear from somebody else in the area. I'm up in PSL (county, not city). Let's hope Conchy Joe's is still on the riverbank Monday!

I've done all I can as well, and as long as the dog and me can walk out of some part of the house when work finally releases my wife, it'll all be good.

hey man...perhaps we can meet at conchys for a beer after this thing has blown over.For now I have to run out to one of our cunstruction site to secure a cube of block that the neighbors think is gona blow away :rolleyes:

This lady has called our house 5 times today and has threatened to throw the block in a canal behind the house.I hope for her sake she has not.
Take care of yourself and your dog......your wife will be fine man.

g54train.gif

vrs.

G8NCVS.JPG

If you had a choice; which would you rather face? :eek:

n2s

Good Luck! Stay Safe.

Best of luck to all you folks in Florida. I live on the coast of Texas and am familiar with these things. We were in the path of Carla in the 60's and that thing was devastating. We had one come through here last year but it was not as big as Francis is. jsmatos, take care of those sheppards, too many people abandon their pets at times like this.

Hang in there! (Don't stop praying yet!)

Friday evening Frances had weakened to a strong category two hurricane. Frances was also moving very slowly at about 4 mph. Steering currents were very weak and motion could be very erratic Friday night. This raises the uncertainty for the future path and landfall point tomorrow.

Frances had moved little and was still near 25.9N 77.5W, or about 90 miles east-southeast of Grand Bahama Island in the northwest Bahamas. This position is about 200 miles east-southeast of Florida's lower east coast.

At 8PM EDT on Friday, Frances' winds had dropped to around 105 mph according to reports from a hurricane hunter aircraft and ground reports from the northwest Bahamas. Its pressure has started to fall a little and was at 960 mb.

The window for Frances to re-intensify is small, as it is expected to be interacting with the land of the Florida coast for several hours before it makes landfall.

Yeah, I'm still praying for everyone to come out of this one safely. The news stations keep repeating that the storm is traveling over 80 degree waters which could possibly reintensify the storm. :rolleyes: We talked to the mechanic today who was going to fix our generator. Apparently, they couldn't get the parts that they ordered because there were no flights permitted in our area. :( I went shopping, and a lady told me that her brother in Orlando had his entire rooftop torn off and went without electricity for seven days. That lifted my spirits. :eek: The distance from where the storm is forecasted to come into Florida is about the same distance from us as the distance between Port Charlotte and Orlando. In other words, I'm spinning my wheels over all of the possibilities. Perhaps a similar situation to what happened to the people in Orlando? :eek: :( Anyhow, I've read many messages from well wishers on various threads throughout BFC. I really appreciate the prayers and good thoughts. I'm sure that the other BFC members in Florida feel the same way. One way or another we'll make it through this one. Here's wishing the best to all of my fellow forumites throughout the state of Florida. This weekend my prayers are a lot more broad based than usual. :(

I just talked with my grandmother in W.P.B. Earlier today she promised my mother that she would go to her friend's house during the storm. Apparently, she waited too long, and now she's afraid to leave. So now she's all alone in her house without any electricity so she can just sit there listening to the storm over head. This is really terrible. I can't stand it. :(

windfield.gif

This is no time to move around. Winds are about to get much stronger.

n2s

Yeah, I know it's too late. :(

I just called my grandfather and my aunt who are also in W.P.B. The electricity is out over there too. Thus, his oxygen machine isn't working. My aunt said that he'll be okay as long as he remains calm. She propped him up against the window so he can get some air, and she's giving him morphine so he'll go to sleep. :( This is really horrible. :(

Where do you live in Florida not2sharp?

I am in Fort Lauderdale. I had power out for about 6 hours but they managed to restore it. It is a mess down here; and the real fun starts tonight.

n2s

Just watched the news here in CA and it looks like it's going to be a long weekend for our friends in Florida. Good luck, God bless and keep your heads down. Let us know if there is anything we can do.

Jsmatos, concerning your grandfathers condition, can you contact the WPB emergency services and tell them what is going on? They need a generator for his oxygen. Police number is 561-838-5460 see if they can help. Angels on your shoulders Jsmatos...don't be afraid. Cindy

Hi Cindy,

My aunt and I have been trying to reach Hospice so that we can ask for them to bring in another tank of oxygen in the morning, but unfortunately their phone lines are busy. My aunt thinks that he'll be okay for now. I called her and asked about emergency services (thank you so much for the number BTW), and she said that they've announced that emergency services are off the road right now. She also said that they are asking people not to use generators until the storm passes. I'm not really sure why? :confused: My aunt insists that he'll be okay until the morning. She gave him a tranquilizer and some morphine, and he is fast asleep. She says as long as he remains calm he'll be okay. It really is a stressful situation, and I cannot make my aunt any more nervous. All I can do is make suggestions, but I cannot be insistent about anything. She's really under a great deal of stress right now. I'm worried about her too. I'll just keep calling and talking to her until this nightmare is over.

Thanks so much for the prayers. I'm okay, but I'd really appreciate prayers for my family. :(

Damn...This hurricane/storm Frances must suck pretty bad for you folks in Florida. I went through a pretty bad hurricane/storm when I lived in Gulfport, Mississippi back in the early '80's, but it wasn't near as bad as what's heading your way in a couple hours.

Stay safe, and don't do anything stupid. (Just a short time ago, on my local news, I watched some idiot surfing in this mess of a storm.:eek:.).

If you're riding the storm out at home, be sure to keep a firearm handy (a nice Mossberg pump would be nice!) for the aftermath since looters will undoubtedly be drawn to the disaster like flies to garbage.

Watching the scene unfolding in Florida makes me realize just how boring Maryland is, weather-wise. The worst we've ever had here were a few isolated tornadoes (which were themselves a rarity for this state) and several blizzards. That's about it.

Gainesville seems to be only getting the winds, I'm glad it hasnt gotten too bad their yet...and hopefully no more then it has.

To the rest that have been heavily affected good karma your way, hopefully the damage to persons and property will be minimal...the bermuda triangle can suck its destructive @$$ into oblivion.

Hope all the Florida folks made out alright during Frances, SC had 23 tornadoes in one day. I see Ivan is the next uninvited guest and it looks like we are in for it again. Stay safe and informed...looks like next week will be a pain in the neck again.

This one looks bad for us as of right now. The storms path leads right over Sarasota! :eek:

We may be evacuating for high ground (like Chicago) for a few days.

Kampfjaeger said:
This one looks bad for us as of right now. The storms path leads right over Sarasota! :eek:

We may be evacuating for high ground (like Chicago) for a few days.

Your right, it is looking really bad for you guys right now. :( The projected forecast that they just showed on Fox news reflects that its coming straight through our area as well. :( We're in Baker County, Florida (west of Jacksonville and east of Lake City). I must say that the forecasted path of Frances was spot on. That's the best hurricane forecast that I've ever seen, and I've lived in Florida most of my life. I really hope that they are wrong this time. :(

We called the mechanic who is working on our generator the other day to see when we could pick it up. He called us back yesterday to tell us that he still didn't have the parts to rebuild the carburator. Apparently, their parts distributor is from out of Tampa, and they aren't shipping anything right now. I am soooooooo PISSED. He's had our generator since three days before Frances hit. He told us when he got it that it might not be be fixed in time for Frances. He should've realized that the parts weren't going to come in at the beginning of this week and called us up to give us the option of taking it elsewhere. Now we're going to sit through another hurricane without a generator and not because we were being irresponsible. The "dog" issue is being raised by family members again. "Just leave them in a kennel and get out of there." :rolleyes: It's so annoying. :mad:

On a positive note, my mother is in W.P.B. this morning to pick up my grandmother and take her home to Tennessee with her. My grandmother wouldn't fly on a plane because of terrorism. So my mother had to drive out there to get her. She didn't wanna come to our house because of Ivan. They still don't have electricity down there. Anyway, that's one less family member to worry about.

You can't even pray about it. What are you going to ask that it doesn't hit you but hits someone else instead? :rolleyes: All you can ask is for is as little damage as possible. It's unnerving. :(

Back