Here's the pic of the newest custom! The "Bad Apple"

Jerry Busse

Here's the combat grade version of the new "Bad Apple" .....note the Busse Armored Tip. . . three grind configuration.

View

Yours in nuclear interframe customs,

Jerry Busse

Neat! Does it look the same from both sides?

Does it have the "zero edge," or a symmetrical grind?

Is this going to become a production knife? Maybe? :p

Jerry,
The BAT is BAD!!!!!!:D

I am definitely going to need a knife with this new blade tip design.

Keep up the good work and keep 'em coming.

Yours in Nuclear drooling,

Nick

Here are answers to some of the questions that have been asked so far. . .. . The Bad Apple is an interframe design, meaning that the area where the handle is located is milled completely through and therefore serves two purposes. It not only lightens the knife considerably but serves to protect the handle material from any impact damage that might occur. This impact protection is not necessarily important with canvas micarta but proves invaluable when using natural materials like ivory, bone, and some of the exotic woods.

Many of the Bad Apples that will be at the NY Show will feature these natural materials. I have done some with Birdseye Desert Ironwood as well as Stabilized Giraffe bone and some of the nicer stabilized woods.

The edges will most likely be zeroed out. However, I sometimes change up when grinding in order to keep it interesting. I have already made three of these that are deeply hollow ground as opposed to having the BAT grind. . . . .ahhhh the beauty of customs.

These will only be available in customs as the grinds need to be done by hand and will therefore be reserved for the custom shop. I will be doing all of the work on these blades myself, and they will therefore be limited in production. The Combat grade with Canvas Micarta Handles will be priced at $475.00. The models that feature natural materials require much more hand fitting and will start at $525.00 and go up from there, depending on the materials used. I will post specs tomorrow: length, weight, etc. . .

More later,

Jerry Busse

That is one awesome looking knife! I can just imagine the bowie :D ...

Do you have any more pics of her? Different view points, etc.?

Anyway, congrats on the new design. You've gotta love that triple grind!

Back