HEST comparison pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

einsteinjon

Platinum Member
Hi all,

I have 2 HEST folders on pre-order (the production version), but do not and have never owned a HEST fixed blade. Could someone possibly post a pic or pics of their HEST fixed blade next to any of the following (I hope it isn't blasphemy to write these options in the ESEE forum): Spyderco Manix 2, Gayle Bradley, Military, Paramilitary (the original not the Para 2), Bark River Bravo 1 or Aurora.

I have been searching for previously posted pics but can't seem to find any.

Thanks everyone!

I am currently trying to force a patina on my gayle bradley with mustard as soon as its done I will post pictures of it with my HEST. I am sure someone will beat me to it though.

HEST and Bravo 1:

DSC_2063.jpg

Could someone possibly post a pic or pics of their HEST fixed blade next to any of the following (I hope it isn't blasphemy to write these options in the ESEE forum): Spyderco Manix 2, Gayle Bradley, Military, Paramilitary (the original not the Para 2), Bark River Bravo 1 or Aurora.

BURN THE WITCH!!!

Nah, I'd help you out but I don't own any of those knives. I must admit being tempted by the barkies though.

God bless,
Adam

Thanks for the pics! I would love to see more if anyone has something (looking forward to yours Robtheman :thumbup:). My main concern is that the handle gripping area may be too small for my hand. It looks to be close to an inch less than the Bravo 1...

I don't have any of the knifes you asked for comparison pics with.

But on the HEST the distance between the wire breaker notch and the tip of the pry bar is about 4.2 inches.

Hope that helps.

[edit] This might be a bit helpful too.

hest1.jpg

hest5.jpg

That's my hand, which is about 3.5 inches wide.

I ordered two HEST LE folders based upon the HEST fixed blade. This was one of the very few knives that I as soon as I held it in my hand, I KNEW I would not part with it.

It juts feels right and fills you with confidence.

I don't own a Bravo 1 but do have two Bravo 2s, and yes the handles are larger if measured, but the ergonomics on the HEST is far better for ME.

The HEST also has the legendary coating from Rowen to help prevent corrosion, and toughness with edge holding and ease of maintenance that the Bravo 1, IMO cannot come close to.

The ESEE warranty is also second to none.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back