HEST/F Whos collecting it, and whos gonna use it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be my EDC knife. It will switch off with my Fletcher knives pocket kilo. I have been looking forward to this for a long time.

gonna carry and use mine. its going to share pocket time with my paramilitary :thumbup:

My HEST/F will replace the Emerson CQC-7A that I've carried for the last six or so years.

It ain't gonna be no museum piece. ;)

I would never use my vice grips, hammers, or screwdrivers - all shell queens - this tool will be no different. :p

Ok, enough of the early morning smart a**, of course this will be a user!

# 169 will be a safe queen. # 95 will be the user unless I sell it to my friend then I will have to get a reg production model for the user.

That's funny. I was told I paid for #169 right hand LE Sterile. Is your #169 a Mr. DP?

# 169 will be a safe queen. # 95 will be the user unless I sell it to my friend then I will have to get a reg production model for the user.

"#169" might refer to an in-house order number and not necessarily LE HEST Folder #169. My order number is 141 and my knife number is 20.

I'm not sure and what number the knife is really doesn't matter to me.

This is my PayPal receipt gist (with personal info X'ed out):

Hello Rick XXXXXXXXX,

You sent a payment of $254.85 USD to ComeBackAlive.com Inc. (store@comebackalive.com)

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.
800-504-0640 Instructions to merchant
You haven't entered any instructions.

Description Unit price Qty Amount
DPx HEST 169
Item# 169 $254.85 USD 1 $254.85 USD
Subtotal $254.85 USD
Total $254.85 USD
Payment $254.85 USD
Charge will appear on your credit card statement as "PAYPAL *COMEBACKALI"
Payment sent to store@comebackalive.com

And this was the return email I got when I sent a request for confirmation (with personal infor X'ed out):

Everything is in order Rick, thanks for purchasing a limited edition DPx HEST.

On Thu, 25 Nov 2010 12:41:06 -0800, "Rick Richardson" <reeek@charter.net>
wrote:
> Hello, DPX team,
>
> I just sent my payment for $254.85 via PayPal for a Sterile, right
handed
> HEST folder. According to my receipt, I purchased DPx HEST 169 Item#
> 169.
>
> The purchaser's name should be:
>
> Rick XXXXXXX
> 620 XXXXX Court
> Reno, Nevada 89521
>
> Can you confirm everything looks good with this transaction?
>
> Thank you!
>
> Rick

As long as I get one I don't care :)

It looks about as good as mine. You can email customer service. I got a quick response when I had a question.

That's funny. I was told I paid for #169 right hand LE Sterile. Is your #169 a Mr. DP?

My #169 is a Sterile version. I have the email asking for final configuration confirmation. In addition, I paid for mine (10/25/10) long before the emails that you are posting.

Email received on Nov. 25

"
Thank you for purchasing a DPx HEST/F knife. Our records indicate these to be your preferences:

Number: 169
Orientation: Right handed
Style: Sterile

Shipping address:
xxx
Jacksonville, Arkansas
United States

I was too late to get an LE, but the standard version will be my EDC and looks like it will be the nicest beer opener i have ever had:thumbup:

As long as I get one I don't care :)

Exactly. It turns out mine is #20. and I thought I was 141. Not that it matters, but #20 sounds better. Ha!

Back to the original topic, #20 will be an EDC user.

Hmmm - I'll contact Linda when I get home today :) All I want is a Sterile LE right hand that I already paid for and I'm happy. Of course I want a good one too ;)

Thanks.

My #169 is a Sterile version. I have the email asking for final configuration confirmation. In addition, I paid for mine (10/25/10) long before the emails that you are posting.

Email received on Nov. 25

"
Thank you for purchasing a DPx HEST/F knife. Our records indicate these to be your preferences:

Number: 169
Orientation: Right handed
Style: Sterile

Shipping address:
xxx
Jacksonville, Arkansas
United States

I have 1 LE on order and a Production as well so we will have to see how it turns out but I am guessing the LE may end up a safe queen. Is that crazy. I do not have any safe queens really. I have a few that just have not yet made it to the rotation yet but are intended for use. For some reason this Mr DP is looking like a collector.

Same here. I have a Sterile LE paid for and a production on preorder so I'm in the same boat!

I have 1 LE on order and a Production as well so we will have to see how it turns out but I am guessing the LE may end up a safe queen. Is that crazy. I do not have any safe queens really. I have a few that just have not yet made it to the rotation yet but are intended for use. For some reason this Mr DP is looking like a collector.

I fired off an email today as well.

We're clear :) Mine is number 39 and yours is 169.

Here is the email reply I got this morning:

Hi Rick, you guys both have knives. The 169 in the email to you is not actually the number of your knife, it's an internal tracking number.
There's been a fair bit of confusion about this, sorry we didn't make it more clear.

If you find yourself back on Bladeforums you could tell SabreRaptor that he is actually receiving knife number 169 (I don't have an account there).
I'm not sure if we've assigned you a number yet, I've forwarded this to the knowledgeable party.

Peter

And:

Dear Rick,
I received your email from Peter at DPxGear. Just to confirm and ease your concerns, you purchased Limited Edition DPx HEST Folder Knife#39 which is the Right-Handed/Sterile version. The number 169 that appears on your order is an in-house order tracking number, not the actual Knife Number.
Please let me know if we can be of further assistance to you.
Regards,
Linda
DPxGearTeam

I'll say one thing abuot DPXGear customer service and that is they have been extremely responsive to any queries I have made. Either same day or very next day. Kudos.

Last edited:
Good deal. I really wanted number 13 (spoken for) as it is a family number so I went with 169 (13 squared). Interesting that you have 39 ( 13 x 3).

Glad the situation is cleared up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back