Hey Damon

How about some in hand pics of an AK-2 major!!

Or pics next to some other knives, I don't know why but I am having a heck of a time picturing the size of this knife.

What is an AK-2 major? I have an AK-2, but haven't heard of an AK-2 major.

That's what I have. I can post some pics later with a bravo 1 and bk9 for comparison. But it won't be for a few hours. It's happy hour!!

The background blocks are 1" x 1" squares, just in case you need to approximate width or length.
AK-2 Major in middle (1/4" thick O1 tool steel, camo micarta), with Bark River Bravo 1 Field Knife below, and Becker BK-9 above.

Thanks for the pics!!!!

Man everytime I see one of these I feel the need to have one. How does it feel in hand compared to the bk9 and Bravo 1?

The bk9 fits my hand the best, but the AK2 is great and very similar to the bravo. The best part is that for being as thick as it is, the AK2 is very light and maneuverable and easy to control. I hiked part of the Appalachian trail last Saturday, brought all three with me and it was by far my favorite. Didn't use any of them too much, but I did make some walking sticks and a couple feather sticks. I was very surprised just how natural it felt. Much better than the BK2 and ESEE 5 I used to own. I would recommend it without hesitation.

Back