HI AK Bowie in the War

This is an email I got from a friend of mine in the bujinkan. He is a pilot in the air force and I got him an HI AK Bowie and I gave him my AK cutting board trainer so he could practice safely.
He really really liked it and his whole aircrew was jealous. They use knives in those big cargo planes alot in the Air Force, chopping and cutting cargo straps, etc...and for crash related purposes.

I think we ended up replacing the strap with some heavy duty elastic and velcro and strapping the sheath to his leg.

Anyway, here goes:

Danny,

How's it going? Good to hear from you. Sorry I can't make your class. I'm in Uzbekistan right now. How is training going? The deployment is going well, and there are some really fascinating places out here. So far I've flown
into Bagram, Kandahar, Mazar-E-Sharif, some other smaller locales, as well as Pakistan, Kyrgyzstan, Kuwait, Turkey, Spain, to name a few. Afghanistan is
a really beautiful country in many ways. Please tell Nagato Sensei that I expect to be back to training sometime after mid-April. There are two or
three individuals here who are interested in martial arts and I teach a taijutsu class a few times per week. I brought the plastic model of the bowie knife
you gave me, it is a great training weapon!
Take it easy,
Malcolm

Good buyu are hard to find. When's the next time you're passin' through GA, Danny? :D

John

Dude, I don't know when I'm even going to see my MOM again, Spec!
I wish I could say. I hope a mere bowie knife can save somebody's life.
More than likely, it will just serve as a good working knife in a busy C-130.

Back