HI Black Friday Sales Starts Now!

I've often thought the micro bowies would make a great skinner. The little Sarge knife I think would be a great skinner too.

Auntie didn't mention having more, figured she'd have some Biltons around. Haven't come up much lately.

Yeah i really like the Micro figured that bilton at 4 oz would be fantastic. 3 deer this year and all skinned out with HI knives and khuks was great, so when i saw the small ones i got excited. Really like the katunje and reti for skinning. I needed a karda for the belt knife, ive never heard of the bura goon so i am looking forward to seeing that one as it is almost hidden in the pic.

Lots of great deals today all around.

Man I would like to play, but this shark has no teeth today but some fine blades up for sale!! Grats to all who grabbed one.

Yeah i really like the Micro figured that bilton at 4 oz would be fantastic. 3 deer this year and all skinned out with HI knives and khuks was great, so when i saw the small ones i got excited. Really like the katunje and reti for skinning. I needed a karda for the belt knife, ive never heard of the bura goon so i am looking forward to seeing that one as it is almost hidden in the pic.

Have you ever thought about a Kerambit?

79F77C7E-1939-428A-97D8-9EA5AF443221.jpeg 377C10E2-FDE9-441B-B5FD-8EEDFD36B7C3.jpeg 686FFE09-3B5A-4855-B227-7F497CE1782D.jpeg

Gone. Al my picks gone. Hmong knife, rats. Guess I'll get out my new paper of pins.

Man! What just happened? I missed out on everything! Hmong is hmgone:eek: Dang! Grats Mr.B That was one of my fav's too. Maybe there will be a black Saturday?
Nice Kerambit George! Since they legalized everything i still cant make up my mind what to keep in the car. Other than my .45 of course. Im kinda thinking my new R11. That thing is wicked in person:confused::thumbsup:

You are right the kerambit would be great especially for the belly of the deer that curve would keep the blade away the the internals.

I dont have one yet, just another one added to the list.

I am hoping that the bura goon or the karda will work for the crucial removal in the pelvis.

I really do love HI and especially since these kamis put so much into each one and the blessing of these makes me happy when i use them to do tasks such as building or food prep.

These truly are wonderful

Like Bawanna said the sarge knife or even the rusty knife would serve as a good skinner and field dressing knife, nice and small and sharp as heck.

My buddy really likes using the Suga knife I gifted him. He is an avid hunter and used it on a hunting trip to Wyoming this year, he said he's not going without it for now on.

resized.jpg

Last edited:
EMS

10 1/4'' 7 ounce Kumar Western Bowie knife by Kumar. Bamboo root handle. Great value at $55.

14 inch 16 ounce Chef Knife by Lachhu. Horn handle. $59.

19 inch 26 ounce Cherokee Rose by Kumar. Satisal wood handle. $85.

13 7/8'' 19 ounce Seax Knife by Kumar. Horn handle. $60.

DD on all of the above.

Thanks for saving me on that Garuda David!

I got a Done Deal on the Homong Knife. Derelict doing happy dance in wheelchair!!!!! Off to PayPal for me.

Hope I don't have to come down and separate david and cul over that Garuda. I guess there was fair warning it was safe till tomorrow.
Best of luck to you david. Looks very interesting. Seems I held one a few years ago but it was much larger as I recall, course my recalling capabilities are not what they used to be.

You're gonna like that Hmong Hnife. They're really nice and a bit of a change of pace from khukuris.

I also recall a much larger, two-handed blade posted some months ago that looked similar to today's Garuda. It was based on some Indonesian design, I believe. I can't find it in a Search, probably because Yangdu posted it under a different name. I think it was curved, but not with a double curve like this one.

Last edited:
Yangdu has a real Hmong knife in her personal collection that she got someplace. She showed it to us when Bookie and I were there last time. I fell in deep love with that knife. It's considerably smaller than this one and it was real fancy probably unlike the ones in actual use but it sure was nice.

I tried to find me one similar, maybe a little plainer but haven't found one yet.

You search for Hmong knife and you get all kinds of different looking knives.

I saw "sold" and scrolled down to see who got it.. it was you! We ARE TWINS. Please be sure to provide some more pictures of that, it looks simply outstanding.
Disappointed to report it was sharked, long gone

I've often thought the micro bowies would make a great skinner. The little Sarge knife I think would be a great skinner too.
The Sarge knife was designed for field dressing. Originally it was called the KPH Kismet Practical Hunter.

I didn't know the Sarge and the Kismet Practical Hunter were the same.

I have a Kismet and the tip is very rounded off. Made so it won't stick into bone as your boning out meat etc.

It's very similar and could very well be the same or at least very close. I'll have to look close next time I get my hands on a Sarge. I've had 3 or 4 but they seem to keep leaving me for some reason.

Back