HI forum the most SERENDIPITOUS!

Rusty

Serendipity is where you go looking for one thing and find something completely different.

Something clicked in my brain and I realized what the HI forum has to offer is Serendipity.

What others see as thread drift forumites seem to consider an opportunity to learn something new. Of course if we didn't have the oddest bits of information popping up it wouldn't work.

Here's to the forumites. Weird but unexpectably knowledgeable in most any area!

Well said!!:) and very true. I've learned countless useful and just plain cool things here on threads that started out in a totally different direction.:)

Good word of the day, Rusty, and I agree.

Here's the second word for the day - Ensiform.

Look that one up. I'll return in 20 minutes to define that one fer ya, cause you'll probably need the Oxford English Dictionary (unabridged) fer that one.

Keith

Ensiform - Sword-shaped; having the shape or form of a sword.

Thus, HI tarwars are 'ensiform.'

Keith

EVERYONE WITH A COMPUTER TO DOWNLOAD "ATOMICA," an online FREE spell-check/definition/thesarus. Takes virtually NO space on your disk, is is the quickest, most expedient encyclopedia engine I've ever seen. Might be the BEST download ever. I offer for your consideration:

Dictionary Medical Web Search Send Page
Your Feedback
What's New
en·si·form (ĕn'sə-fôrm')
adj.
Shaped like a sword, as the leaf of an iris.

[Latin ēnsis, sword + –FORM.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

en·si·form (`en(t)-sə-'fŏrm)
adj.
Having sharp edges and tapering to a slender point

Merriam-Webster's Medical Dictionary, Network Edition 1997. Merriam-Webster's, Incorporated. Published under license with Merriam-Webster, Incorporated

Search Tips

Add Google to your Internet Explorer Browser

Searched the web for ensiform. Results 1 - 10 of about 858. Search took 0.28 seconds.

ensiform
GardenWeb GardenWeb Glossary of Botanical Terms GardenWeb. Search results
for: ensiform . Number of matches: 1. ensiform Shaped like a sword. ...
glossary.gardenweb.com/glossary/ensiform - 6k - Cached - Similar pages

FunTrivia.com Quiz Center!
The Trivia Portal - Quizzes. FunTrivia : Members : ensiform's Games.
Game ... 1. General Boxing Quiz 2, Sports, Average, Apr 13 02, ensiform.
2 ...
www.funtrivia.com/cgi-bin/ quizlist.cgi?type=author&name=ensiform - 13k - Cached - Similar pages

Ensiform : Online Dictionary - DataSegment.com
DataSegment.com. Dictionary, Directory, Bibles, News. Letter E : Ensiform. Lookup
Word. Ensiform \En"si*form\ (?), a. [L. ensis sword + -form: cf. ...
onlinedictionary.datasegment.com/word/Ensiform/ - 5k - Cached - Similar pages

Ensiform cartilage : Online Dictionary - DataSegment.com
DataSegment.com. Dictionary, Directory, Bibles, News. Letter E : Ensiform cartilage.
Lookup Word. See Xiphisternum. Ensiform cartilage, ∧ ... - See Ensiform. ...
onlinedictionary.datasegment.com/ word/Ensiform%20cartilage/ - 5k - Cached - Similar pages
[ More results from onlinedictionary.datasegment.com ]

Dictionary.com/ensiform
... Get the Top 10 Most Popular Sites for "ensiform" Powered by Ask Jeeves. 4 entries
found for ensiform. ... ensiform \En"si*form\, a. [L. ensis sword + -form: cf. ...
www.dictionary.com/search?q=ensiform - 14k - Cached - Similar pages

www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/cm/member-reviews/-/AWNVA2PS0SYQS/1/ref=cm_mp_rv/
Similar pages

ENSIFORM CARTILAGE (Search FastHealth.com) ENSIFORM CARTILAGE
... Dictionary FastHealth Email This! ensiform cartilage n : XIPHOID PROCESS .
Published under license with Merriam-Webster, Incorporated. 1997-2000. ...
www.fasthealth.com/dictionary/e/ensiform_cartilage.php - 14k - Cached - Similar pages

ENSIFORM PROCESS (Search FastHealth.com) ENSIFORM PROCESS
... Dictionary FastHealth Email This! ensiform process n : XIPHOID PROCESS .
Published under license with Merriam-Webster, Incorporated. 1997-2000. ...
www.fasthealth.com/dictionary/e/ensiform_process.php - 14k - Cached - Similar pages
[ More results from www.fasthealth.com ]

Glossarium Polyglottum Bryoloigiae
ensiform. sword-shaped. Latin - ensiformis,-e (adj. B). French
- ensiforme; German - schwertförmig; Spanish - ensiforme.
mobot.mobot.org/cgi-bin/search_vast?GLOSE=378 - 1k - Cached - Similar pages

Dictionary of Difficult Words - ensate, ensiform
... INDEX: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z. ensate, ensiform. a.
sword-shaped. From the Hutchinson Encyclopaedia. Helicon Publishing LTD 2000. ...
www.tiscali.co.uk/reference/dictionaries/ difficultwords/data/d0005136

I'm in to the search engine

http;//www.google.com/

quite often. I think it is just about as good or better than the most complete encyclopedia?. I got started with it when trying to dig out some ancestral Sur names. Seems like you get tons of hits on almost every thing you search for.:)

Back