New Kami Tirtha is making HI Parang

P1020180.jpg

P1020181.jpg

P1020189.jpg

P1020194.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for the help, Karda

:eek:

As a parang lover, I will most likely need to get me one of these HI versions!

Nice to see it done in the style of candung/bandol:

ParangBandol20070902m_sm.jpg

It's awesome to see HI making a Bandol parang! CSG if you get one, let us know how it compares to Valiant Co's. I mean Indonesians have been making Indonesian blades for a long time, and Valiant Co's indo blades are pretty good. Either way, I'm sure if HI's parang is not excellent from the onset, it'll vastly improve by the time the next batch is done. The Kamis here are great. :thumbup:

oh dear thats another must have im afraid

hi c.s.
is that a horn handle on yours as i have similar but the handle is black wallnut twist the blade 180 degreess and that is the cutting edge
i think its some form of indonesian golock
mick

Last edited:
H'mong knife, Village Farm Knife, now this Parang - this new fella Tirtha has the makings of a superstar kami!!!

It's awesome to see HI making a Bandol parang! CSG if you get one, let us know how it compares to Valiant Co's. I mean Indonesians have been making Indonesian blades for a long time, and Valiant Co's indo blades are pretty good. Either way, I'm sure if HI's parang is not excellent from the onset, it'll vastly improve by the time the next batch is done. The Kamis here are great. :thumbup:

Will do! :thumbup: With the job situation improved for the time being, the prospect of being able to acquire a few blades again (well, MORE so :D) is exciting!

oh dear thats another must have im afraid

hi c.s.
is that a horn handle on yours as i have similar but the handle is black wallnut twist the blade 180 degreess and that is the cutting edge
i think its some form of indonesian golock
mick

Yes, mine is indeed a horn handle. Developed a crack at the rear near the tang, but after a crazy-glue/epoxy coated thread wrap, the crack has never gone anywhere since.

Back