Hi Scott! Maker questions

First off, congrats on getting your own forum! Very cool! :thumbup:

I noticed in the "building the PSK" thread that you use the rotary platen attachment. How versatile is it for the stock removal only maker? I might be looking to add some accessories to the Bader III, if I decide sell my forging equipment, and this was one of the ones I was considering. Any insight would be helpful and greatly appreciated. Thanks. -Matt-

Matt, I mainly bought the rotary platen for convex grinding. Some makers use it for handle work. I've only used it for grinding.
Scott

Thanks Scott. That helps out a bit. It obviously works well for convex grinding, so I'll keep that in mind. -Matt-

What it does is give you resistance when grinding. It still will allow a convex profile but flatter then just using the slack belt. I still flat grind first before switching over to the rotary. Hope that helps.
Scott

I use mine for handle grinding. Gets a lot of the big stuff hogged off quickly. And is great for grinding around the pin areas. It doesn't allow the pins to get ground less than the surrounding handle material and become proud of the handle.

Back