HI Seax (Scramsax), Anglo-Saxon knife, or, Wessex meets Gorkha

Originally posted by Ferrous Wheel
Sweet, how do you like the Paul chen variant?

Keith

Yeah, I too would like to know how the 'Chen Scram is. How is it?

Originally posted by Ferrous Wheel
Perhaps Hibuke and I will have to continue to wait on an answer. BTTT!
Keith

Judging by the response, or rather, the lack of it, I totally agree!!! :D:D:D

*SWEEEEEEEEEEEEETT!!! WHERE ARE YOU!!!!!*

Im here now...kinda...I do like my Paul Chen scram for $59.00 its hard to beat my scram came sharp which I heard they come blunt or non-sharp from a few others...I am right handed but the handle feels like it was made for a lefty but dont know if this is the way it should feel, the blade is 1/4" stock with no distal taper and 12" long X 1 1/4" wide at the hilt dont know the weight...very robust blade but does not feel blade heavy or like a sharp bar of steel...the scabbard is nice, leather is 3/16th thick and well stiched just dont care for the brown color dye they used makes it look like that fake leather stuff.......
As for my Lutel scram ( they call it that) this is more of a short sword at total length of 21", sharp blade of 15 1/2" and extreamly nice, 1 5/8" wide at the hilt, very tight leather wrapped over wood handle fittings are steel and tight, scabbard is leather and smells oooooh so good (my 2nd Lutel weapon with 2 more comming in and the leather they use for some reason is some of the BEST smelling leather, I need to put it under my car seat to make them smell good again) and perfect with steel fittings...this short sword as I call it is perfect in craftsmanship...price from Lutel $144

eyecandy
sweet-229.jpg

Originally posted by sweet
Im here now...kinda...I do like my Paul Chen scram for $59.00 its hard to beat my scram came sharp which I heard they come blunt or non-sharp from a few others...I am right handed but the handle feels like it was made for a lefty but dont know if this is the way it should feel, the blade is 1/4" stock with no distal taper and 12" long X 1 1/4" wide at the hilt dont know the weight...very robust blade but does not feel blade heavy or like a sharp bar of steel...the scabbard is nice, leather is 3/16th thick and well stiched just dont care for the brown color dye they used makes it look like that fake leather stuff.......

*SNIPPING*

eyecandy
sweet-229.jpg

The 'Chen Scram sounds sweet, Sweet! :D:D:D

Seriously tho, it sounds like a nice blade, one that would fit perfectly into my ethnographic edged weapons collection for use and abuse. US$59 you say? Even better! :D:D:D

BTW, what is the largest Khuk at the top? It's SWEEEEEEEEEEET!!!:D:D:D

Hello Sweet,
do you know if the Paul Chen scram is still sold? (and if do you have a link or something where I could find it?) Lutel is not so far away from my hometown as live near the Czech-Bavarian border - but both of his seaxes (have you seen the second one with the antler handle? Lutel seax with antler handle ) are not as beautiful as the Chen-variant I think.

Thanks,
Andreas

Hibuke: the top H.I is the 25" Sirupati made by No Name (who ever made it is goooood) bought this last year...no changes but the price has gone up

Pan Tau: the Paul Chen scramasax is still sold..mine I got off ebay from the seller SUSSEN along with a bunch of Paul Chen tsubas sussen also posts over on netsword.com he is a honest seller and great to deal with. I lived in Bad Kissingen for 4 years and still still consider it my 2nd home...Lutel makes a great product they just started making my 2 other sharp blades....if you have the chance to go over to Lutel could you take some photos and post them up?

Thank you sweet,

found some offers in the net, the cheapest was 72 US$ - in Europe noone seems to sell them. I do not know if I can "go over" to Lutel, as Opava is not too far away - but far enough to spend a lot of time on the road (due to Czech road condition: estimated 280-300 km or a 5-6 hour drive). I can ask a friend I know from university in Bayreuth. He is from Katowice (Poland - the city of Katowice belongs to former Silesia as Opava in the Czech Republic does) and maybe he could take some photos if he drives home (but I think he will not drive home until late march, because he does his exams right now). Sorry, chances are not very good to get pictures of your blades in progress :( .

Bad Kissingen is a nice town, they had some problems with high water in recent time. Quite some people here in the forum seem to know Bavaria or even Frankonia. If I may ask (yes, I'm a curious guy), what did you do in Bad Kissingen?

Andreas

I was at Daley Kaserne with the 2/11 ACR. Most of all my friends who I still consider Family worked at St Elizabeths... a good friend of mine is Herbert Neder's daughter I really had no clue who he was till he showed me his office in his house...amazing man...and amazing friendships that were made over there and are still held today and that is a rare and good thing

Back