Hi there . . .

I decided to get my own place in these forums for announcements, specials, and maybe some pretty pictures that I can't think of an excuse for putting in the "Reviews" or "Manufacturers" forums because they're really shameless commercial plugs.

And a place for feedback, of course. Anybody who has seen my desk knows that I'm "organization-challenged," so I have ammends to make from time to time.

My "e-commerce" subsection has just gotten its first few orders, and it turns out that my distributor's "Zapship" service is losing its virginity in processing them. This will be interesting.

I now return to my "day job." Later . . .

------------------
- JKM
www.chaicutlery.com
AKTI Member # SA00001

It's about time a great guy like yourself got his own "pad". I'm looking forward to viewing the evolution of your forum.

-Redleg out.

------------------
"Blessed is the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle..." excerpted from Psalms 144.

James,
I am glad to see you got your own forum. I am looking forward to some of those pictures. I just can't get enough pictures of knives(of course the actual knife would be better but pics are nice too)
Eric

------------------
Outside of a dog, a Knife is man's best friend. Inside a dog it is very, very Dark.

Congratulations. Use it wisely.
smile.gif

James,
I'm glad that you got a "place" of your own. I will enjoy the pictures that you down load. I like to use them for my wall paper. You can imagine what my wife thinks of that.

Shawn

I don't know who does the cooking in your house, but would she prefer non-tactical kitcheny sort of wallpaper?

<A HREF="http://www.chaicutlery.com/hattori/Hattori-Wallpaper.jpg" TARGET=_blank>
Hattori-Wallpaper_small.jpg
</A>

<A HREF="http://www.chaicutlery.com/hattori/MS105-SK170-HK210-SH150.jpg" TARGET=_blank>
MS105-SK170-HK210-SH150-medium.jpg
</A>

Maybe I should put together a page that's just a compilation of 1024 pixel-wide "wallpaper" size scans of various shiny sharp objects.

------------------
- JKM
www.chaicutlery.com
AKTI Member # SA00001

[This message has been edited by James Mattis (edited 03-11-2000).]

Congratulations!
smile.gif

You have a great site ,I'm sure you'll have a
great forum.Looking forward to seeing some new pics

HC Leo
smile.gif

----------
Keep sharp

[This message has been edited by HC Leo (edited 03-11-2000).]

James, good on ya. I can see this forum becoming the Mattis Gallery of Fine Knife Art for all the beautiful scanning work I've seen at your hand. So, pictures, let's see some more pictures! To hell with download times! LOL!
smile.gif

------------------
Don LeHue

Rome did not create a great empire by having meetings...they did it by killing all those who opposed them.

James- Good for you! It's great to see more support for the forums. I'll try to send some support your way too.
Mike K.

[This message has been edited by Hammer (edited 03-16-2000).]

Cool James!
biggrin.gif

Hmmm.....one of those Hattori damascus kitchen knives looks familiar!
smile.gif

------------------
Ray 'md2020'

Congrats on your new forum, James!

------------------
AKTI Member #A000832

"A man's got to know his limitations." - Dirty Harry

Mr. Mattis, allow me to chime in here as well, offering my congrats on your forum, a nice place to vist, no? Sorry so late in posting, I was at the NY show; bought a one-day tkt on Fri for $10, instead of a $20 three-day tkt, as most of the good stuff flies out the door the first few hours or so. I did not learn this soon enough, however, and by the time I took my second swing around the room, everything I had earmarked to buy was gone, gone, gone. It took the rest of the day for my frustration to wear off, and by Saturday I was ready for a more calm journey through the room. Too bad the air conditioning went off that afternoon, because I was hot enough anyway, thinking about all the things I could spend the money I didn't have on. Nice to be back here and back to reality.

------------------
Dogs bark, but the caravan moves on.

BF's just keep fetting better and better, but James you've been one of the best things about BF since I got here. I don't know how to spell it (being Italian) but if I call you a Mensch, you'll know what I mean. Thanks for all the great pictures and all the information, and the good will you give.

Back