HI Village model and real villger -- pix and deals.

The HI Village model is made by Kumar and marked with his star and "K" in Devanagari. 17.5 inches and 21 ounces. I'm not sure what to call it. It's sort of a cross between a Sirupati and WWII model, but something you wouldn't be surprised to see a farmer carrying around. The only thing that would suprise you is the quality. Fit and hardness are excellent. Finish is good but not up to HI standards. Satin blade and unfinished wood handle. Very good karda and chakma but satin blade and unfinished handle. The village sarki does not make a village scabbard and frog. It's his standard perfect rig.

Take this one home for $90.

The bottom is the standard village model -- 14.5 inches and a pound. Good strong blade, fair finish. Some forging marks here and there. Rosewood handle, almost certain a partial tang. Two kardas instead of karda and chakma. Ugly but useable. Very good scabbard and riveted frog but not up to village sarki's work.

Take this one home for $40.

Call or email for either.

Attachments

• hi village model and real village model.jpg
    hi village model and real village model.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 172
I wonder if the kamis are going to go free-style with the HI villagers. Seeing pictures of some of the "make-what-you-want" knives, we can expect some amazing stuff!

So these HI villagers are the same as HI regs except for finish and bolsters? A real villager- we don't know what steel that is, do we?

HI villager- same guarentee? Regular villager- guarentee on blade, not handle?

munk

BTW; I just revisited the HI web page. Next time it gets improved, I'd strongly suggest putting phonetic spellings for key Nepalsese words such as Kami and Khukuri.

..cause I cannot afford even the cheap one now. I bet I cold make that villager look good with some etching and blueing. Satin finishes tend to etch and blue well, and theres' even more reason to do the whole blade on a villager...

And the woodchucks could certainly be loosed to do their words (read best) on that handle...

Keith

The HI village models are best looking I've ever seen and just as tough as the down and dirty little villagers that are made to do every job imagineable in Nepal.

Back