• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Hideaway knives back up and running?

I noticed that they have a new website and stuff in stock. I know people have had bad experiences with HAK in the past (I personally have purchased two several years ago and had no issue) and am curious if anyone has any current info on them.

I read an article about the HAK company that featured an interview with the founder/idea man. Basically, logistics and faulty business acumen led to an implosion, but the man stated that he wanted to return to providing HAKs for sale once he knew that he could do it reliably and drama-free. I guess that time is now.....Which is cool, because I like mine and wanted to try a different blade shape for the fun of it.

I read an article about the HAK company that featured an interview with the founder/idea man. Basically, logistics and faulty business acumen led to an implosion, but the man stated that he wanted to return to providing HAKs for sale once he knew that he could do it reliably and drama-free. I guess that time is now.....Which is cool, because I like mine and wanted to try a different blade shape for the fun of it.
Good to hear. The 440c straight at 67.00 is calling to me. I wish he had some up in Ti...

big premium for S30V !!! twice the cost !!

I have a 440C tiger. and have owned all variants in past to include S30V versions. have also owned other makers versions like Brock .they are solid little knives and the system does work. you absolutley will not drop this knife once its on your fingers .the sheaths suck big time though . lots of slop and poor retention. they look the same as before but they will get the job done I just don't have 100% confidence in the sheath myself.

go with the tiger claw its the best overall design.

the Hybrid looks cool but the geometry is off. the recurve is so deep and with the angle of the handle the edge doesn't really make contact when cutting youre primarily getting the small straight edge portion out front to do all the work.
The straight is fine but the tiger claw really digs in and uses compression for deeper cuts. also that slight curve on the Tiger creates a little more of a point at the tip for better penetration
the cat claw is so narrow that the edge angle is very extreme but its better for poking a little for what that's worth on such a small blade.
I see they have changed sizing to a simple system of Sm Med Large Xlarge. that's good. it was too complicated before
they are so small and don't look like a knife to the general public that you can wear it right out there on your belts and no one notices it at all.

big premium for S30V !!! twice the cost !!

I have a 440C tiger. and have owned all variants in past to include S30V versions. have also owned other makers versions like Brock .they are solid little knives and the system does work. you absolutley will not drop this knife once its on your fingers .the sheaths suck big time though . lots of slop and poor retention. they look the same as before but they will get the job done I just don't have 100% confidence in the sheath myself.

go with the tiger claw its the best overall design.

the Hybrid looks cool but the geometry is off. the recurve is so deep and with the angle of the handle the edge doesn't really make contact when cutting youre primarily getting the small straight edge portion out front to do all the work.
The straight is fine but the tiger claw really digs in and uses compression for deeper cuts. also that slight curve on the Tiger creates a little more of a point at the tip for better penetration
the cat claw is so narrow that the edge angle is very extreme but its better for poking a little for what that's worth on such a small blade.
I see they have changed sizing to a simple system of Sm Med Large Xlarge. that's good. it was too complicated before
they are so small and don't look like a knife to the general public that you can wear it right out there on your belts and no one notices it at all.
I've had a Ti Cat Claw and a 440c Tiger Claw. Great little knives for sure. Ladies love 'em too. I've always wanted to try the Straight and 400c is a solid steel without a doubt. I don't get the huge mark-up for S30v, and I actually prefer 440c having had several knives in both steels.

I am sure the Cat claw will work well but the Tiger is just far superior to me and there really doesn't seem to be any marked advantage to the Cat claw but they do look cool . The 440C HAK uses is done right. I get a hair popping edge very easily on my Tiger claw 440

I may get a stonewashed version as the polished ones lose a bit too much definition on the edges and grindlines from the "polishing" and it makes them a bit too flashy

Back