HIGONOKAMI

Useless knife that I regret buying. The blade hits the metal handle inside. I had to glue leather in there. Obviously, it could open in your pocket. I don't know why I bought it. It's a mail opener, I guess.

Yeah, is there nothing stopping the edge from hitting the inner handle when closed?

Yeah, is there nothing stopping the edge from hitting the inner handle when closed?

No, but neither is there a spring to snap it closed. I have not heard of damage to the edge from closing, nor would I expect any. It is easy enough to do something about if you are squeamish, but otherwise a non-issue.

It is metal edge touching metal frame. Not a well thought out design. Sorry, I'm done complaining.

You could do the frame pinch mod which keeps the edge clear of the handle, or you could glue a piece of bamboo or leather to the bottom of the liner. Both seem to be popular among people who carry the knife.
One of mine sits at my desk for paper duties, and when I close it, I just make sure the edge is clear of the handle. I don’t worry about the edge that way, it’s great for opening boxes or letters, and its kind of fun to one-hand-open and close when I get restless.

This one is very nice to my way of thinking -

A Small 2-1/8" by Higonokami by Kei Goto

• Damascus blade - beautifully sharp
• Desert Ironwood burl handle.

View attachment 1273978

View attachment 1273979

I particularly wanted a small bladed, non locking folder with an interesting pattern. This Higonokami is just right. The slip is set up to be hung with a small carabiner but it carries nicely in a pocket without.
Glad to have it.

Ray
That's a fine looking little knife, Ray!

Useless knife that I regret buying. The blade hits the metal handle inside. I had to glue leather in there. Obviously, it could open in your pocket. I don't know why I bought it. It's a mail opener, I guess.
The blade will indeed hit the inside of the handle. However, it is a soft hit, unless you slam the blade shut. (no reason for that, that I've seen so far using mine. Of course I just received it yesterday. I generally ease the blade down on all my folding knives. If nothing else, letting them snap shut is rude)
The ever popular French Laguiole has the same ... "feature" ... since they lack a kick on the tang.

Not really "needed", but I just glued in a piece of flat leather lace. I suppose I should do the same for my Laguiole ... provided the tip don't get all proud ...

Mine will not fall or flick open, or fall partly shut if/when the tang extention is not held.

Higo 10. a gift from J Just Tom.
View attachment 2212775

Last edited:
A french version from a great knife maker Totem2H

49443406803_5d316009f9_c.jpg

49444113977_9eb6668189_c.jpg

Two Sardinian versions from Davide Steri

51337050105_2a14745d88_c.jpg

51711676703_c4ffb7dcf3_c.jpg

Â

Back