HIKV transmission and more satisfied customers (short story & pic)

A while back (before I had any khuks)I had Uncle Bill look for a nicely matched pair of 18" WWIIs. I intended to give one to my best friend, who was also my best man at my recent wedding. He has given me several knives over the years, but mostly smaller ones, and I wanted a gift with real impact.

The second one was for me :). I received them in February and instantly came down with a roaring case of HIKV, which was only briefly sated by numerous other khukuris appearing on my doorstep in the past 2 months. I even got a small decorative khuk from my Indian in-laws. It's not a HI, but not overly touristy either (at least, no lion's head).

Anyways, I gave the WWII to my buddy and he was very impressed. As soon as he gets out of the big city I imagine he will buy some more, especially the lighter blades. As we were getting dressed I got a pic of us with our new friends (I'm the bald one). Everybody was well-behaved at the wedding :)
Dual_WWIIs.jpg

THANKS UNCLE BILL and all of Himalayan Imports!

Both were Kesar's, and almost identical. The way I told them apart was mine had a small scratch on the bolster just below the kami's mark, looked like the die/chisel had slipped at the last minute (if indeed the mark is done after the handle is on).

The hatchmarks are put on after handle is attached and I think you are exactly right. I hate to say it but it's a sign of hurry. Check the blades well and if they are not up to standard hardness we will send them to Art for rehardening to better than new condition.

Originally posted by mPisi
Anyways, I gave the WWII to my buddy and he was very impressed. As soon as he gets out of the big city I imagine he will buy some more, especially the lighter blades.

As we were getting dressed I got a pic of us with our new friends (I'm the bald one).

Everybody was well-behaved at the wedding :)

THANKS UNCLE BILL and all of Himalayan Imports!

Pisi your pic is a very good indicater of the perspective on the size of H.I.'s Khukuris.
The WW II you're holding looks rather dinky compared to the one your buddy's holding.:)
\
Great pic and congrats on your recent wedding. I pray that your marriage is as wonderful as Barb's and mine is and that y'all get along as well as we do too.
Marriage can truly be heaven or hell and now I've had both, finally.
I always knew it could be like this, but I was having one helluva time proving it.:eek:

We didn't get a chance to really test the blades, as my bud returned to NYC pretty soon after and any playing around since I've been using my other khuks, no problems so far. The WWIIs were sent about the time Pala began his visit (pre-PGAs), so with a little transit time added, they were made pre-hurry I would guess. Both WWIIs and the Sanu 18" AK I got at the same time are exceedingly smooth and straight blades, compared to my recent Sanu YCS which has some hammer marks or ripples (granted, the YCS is a tougher design with the multiple fullers).

I know Uncle Bill will make any problems right, no worries on that AT ALL. Just keep the Nepali end of the operation secure and it will all work out in the end. I'm sure you could even recruit a mercenary force from Cantina regulars if the guys needed rescuing, but I don't know how far our heros would get trying to carry all their knives along for the fun :)

The only worry I have now is that PGA M43 I snagged on Monday that hasn't arrived yet. Hopefully the post office is just delayed by all the tax theft forms :)

With your indulgence, I'll include a pic of me and the new Mrs near the end of the successful evening. She wore a western wedding gown for the ceremony, then switched to the sari halfway through the reception. A number of American women in the crowd said they were jealous of all the beautiful colorful saris in the crowd that night :)
NS_sari.jpg

For all of you in the cantina, take notes and learn:

Here is a man that gets it all: Khuks, beautiful wife and judging by the size of his smile this is just the beginning.

To wish you luck would be redondant since you obiously know how to make the right choices in life, instead : "may the gods bless you with sons that will follow your footsteps and with daughters that won't be allowed to date till they are 40"

[do you really think anyone is gonna come close to a BIG guy with BIG knives?

Very best to your new family!

Originally posted by Pierre
To wish you luck would be redondant since you obiously know how to make the right choices in life, instead : "may the gods bless you with sons that will follow your footsteps and with daughters that won't be allowed to date till they are 40"

[do you really think anyone is gonna come close to a BIG guy with BIG knives?

Very best to your new family! [/B]

I second that! :D

I don't have a douby in my mind why everybody behaved.

Your new wife is one beautiful young lady and I hope you are both very happy.

But, I want to know one thing. How come your knife looks smaller that your friends knife?:D :D :D :D

Congrats Mpisi
Beautiful Kukris and beautiful Wife. Hope both bring you a lifetime of happiness.

Congrats Mpisi!!! Best of luck to you both!!!

P.S. If you do a search on "Chris vs. the wedding cake", yo can see me cutting my wedding cake with my wife and a 20 inch AK!:)

yo can see me cutting my wedding cake with my wife and a 20 inch AK

Ok, Chris I'm dying to know--which one cuts better? Is one a chopper and one more a weapon, or....;) :D :D

Back