Himalayan Imports T-Shirt !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wishing you a speedy recovery, Karda!

I will still buy one if you have 'em made. Probably multiples if you offer multiple styles.

Try to get some rest, and take care of yourself. Don't sweat the small stuff - which for the time being includes t-shirts.

Please be patient with me. I am having upper back problems that are causing a lot of pain and discomfort due to a subluxated vertebrae. It's difficult to use my arms and even getting sleep has been disrupted.
Seeing the doc on Friday and hopefully getting some kind of relief.

Hoping you get some relief soon. That is a very uncomfortable thing, take care of yourself and do whatever you need to make it till Friday.
I find that my husband (he has some similar painfilled nights) sleeps better sometimes on the couch because he is sort of half sitting and it is less painful than fulling laying down. Not sure if that would be better or worse for you specifically but thought I would mention it.

Hope you feel better Karda! Take care of yourself, and let the small stuff pass, we need you for the long haul!

Im definitely in on any later stuff but take care of yourself first Karda. Ive been there. Urrrggh.. Still am sometimes. Spinal stenosis, herniated disks, sublaxations, pinched facets, and all that stuff hurts like ...well you know. Good luck with the doc and if he tells ya something that dont sound logical then find another another one. A stiff mattress helped me as much as I dont like them.
and Yes what Cul said:thumbup:

Hmm come in memory banks? An VIP once said recently Don't sweat the sweaty stuff, nah that ain't it. Don't pet the petty snuff, heck. I'll be back in a minute.

Aw......Don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff. Yureka!!!!!

I back was broken way down low but back in my vertical days I suffered neck and upper back pain. BAD!
I found a hot tub and decent quality scotch helped on the extreme bad days and I think contributed to improvement. I don't have much pain related to the lower break. Soreness like anyone else sometimes and once in awhile the upper kind of flares up but I feel pretty lucky actually. Some folks really suffer.

If your in that much pain and the doctor says come in friday I'd be looking for a new doctor. They may not be able to fix anything until friday but they can give you magic stuff to reduce the pain.

LoL Bawanna, just one of many favorite Carlin sayings, but it rings true in so many ways.

Karda As for Bawanna's perscription I second the glass of Scotch. Something nice and peaty like a Laphroag or a Lagavulin with just the smallest bit of good water to open up the flavors. Hubby has recent Scottish ancestry and has been doing his best to teach me the best way to taste the different areas Scotches, each region is pretty unique. But find one you like or another distillation of choice and let it relax the muscles a bit.

And don't forget the hot tub! Don't over due the distillations while in the hot tub, you gotta be able to get out before you turn into a prune. Just a wee dram or 2 or 3 for medicinal purposes.

I was going to add a stiff drink (scotch my fav as well) to the stiff mattress but didnt know if it was Kardas thing. Definitely got me through some tough times:thumbup: when doc wasnt avaliable till Fri. I like Glen livit maduro best so far but there are many very different flavors im exploring as well. Bawannas hot tub idea is ultimate!

I just got an email that the fundraiser closed.... and that my shirt will ship out soon!!!!

Did you work it out to get fewer than 20 shirts printed? I'm hoping it wasn't sent in error. Looking forward to getting the shirt if they do indeed get printed :thumbup:

Me too!
The “H.i. kami/bean medical fund t-shirt” campaign has now closed and because of supporters like you it was a success! To see how it turned out, check out the Booster Page and don't forget to leave a comment for the organizer. www.booster.com/himedicalfundtshirt
Your order will arrive within two weeks, and you'll receive a tracking email when it ships.

Number of Shirts: 1 Style: Hanes Beefy-T – Unisex Size(s): 1 2XL

If you have any questions, email us at help@booster.com.

Thanks again, Your Booster Advisor Team

I won't complain. I just got the same email, with the shirts to arrive in 2 weeks.

.... Please be patient with me. I am having upper back problems that are causing a lot of pain and discomfort due to a subluxated vertebrae. It's difficult to use my arms and even getting sleep has been disrupted.
Seeing the doc on Friday and hopefully getting some kind of relief.

Karda:

I'm sure you'll be getting advice from friends as well as your doctor, but let me add a bit. Unfortunately I have a lot of experience with back pain and subluxated vertebrae and I've tried everything. (The only thing I have refused to even consider is surgery. When it comes to the spine, surgery is a crap shoot with very bad odds, and a very last resort.)

In terms of ongoing treatment, I've found chiropractic much better than what the MDs prescribe -- usually pain-killers and sometimes physical therapy, which is a watered-down version of what chiropractors do. (Of course there are better and worse chiropractors, just as there are better and worse MDs, so not everyone has the same quality experience.)

Of all the self-administered things I've tried, the single best thing is hanging upside down, several times a day, for 1-5 minutes each time. The weight of your body stretches out the spine and sometimes causes tilted vertebrae to pop back into position. It even works for the upper back, because the weight of your head is enough to stretch out those upper vertebrae.

What I use nowadays is one of those inversion tables that let you control the amount of tilt. You can find many different models on Amazon and other sources. Prices range from $90 on up. The one I got, which is built like a tank, cost about $130.

Of course all this depends on whether your back pain is temporary or structural. If it's temporary, then maybe a few days of pain-killers and some physical therapy might be enough, but if it continues you should keep trying other things, not just what an MD tells you. The medical profession is really quite limited when it comes to treating bad backs. It requires a wholistic approach and a lot of patience. My bad back started as a result of a weightlifting strain. For about a year I couldn't take a step without pain. I tried many different things and eventually the pain went away and I could take long hikes, but the structural damage remained and I still have to be careful, and I get the occasional flareup when I do something stupid.

-- Dave

{cusswords omitted};):D

Well I just called the booster people and talked to them about this.
Because the shirts were priced high enough that the printing costs were covered and money was raised for HI's benefit......

Your shirts will be printed and you will receive them in about 2 weeks!!!!!

My booster advisor only forgot to advise me of this and receive my consent for printing which I happily have given.

Thank you for your support and purchase!!!

It makes sense. Even if the overall profits were less than if we reached the goal, the printer gets nothing if he doesn't sell anything.

Good business all around!

Well that's cool. I really like the shirt.

I'd also be up for more t-shirt fund raisers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back